Is the game coming out "soon"?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Is the game coming out "soon"?
3 years ago#1
I notice on their site they still just say that its going to be out in "2012", which could still mean over half a year from now for all I know. I see them advertising all over the place though (as I type this there's a GW2 ad on gfaqs that says "buy now"). I have already pre ordered of course but with how much advertising they are doing for nothing but preorders it has to either mean they are really close to release (within a couple of months I'd guess?) or running out of money to finish the game and need a boost through preorders. Fortunately I've got lots of stuff to play to keep me busy while I wait for this, but I'd love to know if they've let anything slip on when the game will be out other than just "2012".
3 years ago#2

sadly itsd not expected to come out until later in 2012

3 years ago#3
I still can't believe they didn't announce a release date when pre-purchases went live... bad business in my opinion.
3 years ago#4

I still can't believe they didn't announce a release date when pre-purchases went live... bad business in my opinion.

Because they are still beta testing and don't have a solid release date. Not that hard to believe. Or understand.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
PSN/GT: Lunacy182
3 years ago#5
it's impossible to give a release date for a game that hasn't even begun the final beta phase.
---
. . . I'm a genius, not an engineer! - Aramis
3 years ago#6
Lunacy182 posted...
Because they are still beta testing and don't have a solid release date. Not that hard to believe. Or understand.

Thanks for the condescending, rude response.

You do realize that people willing to pre-purchase the game held off solely because there was no attached release date? They cut their own profits just because they can't stick to a schedule.

yakkacruz posted...
it's impossible to give a release date for a game that hasn't even begun the final beta phase.

Beta weekends ARE the final beta phase!
3 years ago#7

Thanks for the condescending, rude response.

You do realize that people willing to pre-purchase the game held off solely because there was no attached release date? They cut their own profits just because they can't stick to a schedule.

You think holding a beta and not having a fixed release date means they are not sticking to a schedule? That's hilarious. I love when people try to talk about things when they have no idea what they are talking about.
Things happen, bugs pop up and things need to be changed. You can't have a schedule that includes all this. I'm sure they have a date they are shooting for, but it's not a fixed date. There is no point in them saying, "Hey, this is the release date". Then 3 weeks later change it because something in the beta caused a delay. Jesus.
---
3 years ago#8

Beta weekends ARE the final beta phase!

lol. This guy is great.
---
3 years ago#9
Woah woah, clearly I'm upsetting you.

Sorry buddy. I understand why they haven't announced a release date yet; that's obvious. But thank you for further enlightening me, babycakes.
3 years ago#10
It shouldn't be THAT long since why would a company allow you to fully purchase a game and then have you wait forever. I'm guessing Summer or fall.
---
i5-2500k 3.3ghz | Radeon 6850 1GB x2 crossfired | 12 GB DDR3 RAM | 800w PSU GOLD | Cooler Master Haf 922 | Hyper 212+ Evo Heatsink | 60gb SSD + 2.5tb HDD
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Is the game coming out "soon"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived