Digital Deluxe Edition Question

#1James128Posted 4/17/2012 4:21:05 PM
QUESTION: You can buy the DELUXE edition through digital sales on their website to get all the in game items found in the collector's edition. Does anyone know if the deluxe edition will be sold later on, probably even after the game comes out, or is it a limited time deal before the game comes out?

Cause I might not be able to afford the deluxe edition until the end of the year or so which will most likely be after the release date but still want the exclusive in game items.
---
"Some People Get Common Sense and Some People Have No Common Sense To Get" -Quoted by Me DUHH
#2joeytheleoPosted 4/17/2012 5:00:47 PM

This is actually a really good question that i honestly doubt a lot of people know(including myself). You should try to tweet the guild wars 2 team @GuildWars2 , they have been helpful so far and theyll likley respond to you. If i had to take a guess the answer would be no you can't get the deluxe version once the game comes out but all things considered thats not going to be for a while

#3WaffleDeePosted 4/17/2012 5:08:29 PM
It's been tweeted that you can purchase the standard edition and then upgrade to the deluxe edition later. (unsure about after launch though).

You can just get the standard edition now and upgrade later if you have the money.
#4yes098Posted 4/17/2012 7:35:24 PM
WaffleDee posted...
It's been tweeted that you can purchase the standard edition and then upgrade to the deluxe edition later. (unsure about after launch though).

You can just get the standard edition now and upgrade later if you have the money.

So EVERYBODY can get the wolf skill and animal pet? Even after the game is launched?
It's just a cash shop item then?
#5xLinkkuPosted 4/17/2012 7:40:47 PM
yes098 posted...
WaffleDee posted...

So EVERYBODY can get the wolf skill and animal pet? Even after the game is launched?

No, that's not what he said. He said you can upgrade later, which means you pay the extra 20$(?) and get the DD Items added to your account. Not that the items are available in the cash shop.
---
Good to be back.
#6yes098Posted 4/17/2012 8:07:04 PM
xLinkku posted...
yes098 posted...
WaffleDee posted...

No, that's not what he said. He said you can upgrade later, which means you pay the extra 20$(?) and get the DD Items added to your account. Not that the items are available in the cash shop.

I understand that but I meant it as an analogy.

1)So there is no limited time for this offer?
If it will be forever that anyone can get it, then I might as well not get it now.
#7Ness26Posted 4/17/2012 8:24:56 PM

---
No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck.
#8yes098Posted 4/17/2012 8:36:38 PM
Ness26 posted...

OOOOOOOO THANKS BRODY

deluxe edition has the wolf and miniature pet right? Just making sure.