Can a Warrior wear Guardian armor?

#1LotionExplosionPosted 4/18/2012 5:21:41 PM
And vice versa?
---
A sea, where a fallen musician can only lament his failure.
#2White_Knight13Posted 4/18/2012 5:23:13 PM
No. They're warriors. Not guardians.
#3SlaynPosted 4/18/2012 5:23:56 PM
I thought both wore heavy armor? It wasn't class restricted?
#4TempestMoonPosted 4/18/2012 5:28:24 PM(edited)
I don't even know how to respond to this question. Part of me says be nice and give an honest answer while another part is trying hard to not lash out and be an ass at such an absurd question.
---
There's a bad moon on the rise
#5LizardneckPosted 4/18/2012 5:28:45 PM
Warrior and guardian both wear the same armor.
#6EternalNetherPosted 4/18/2012 5:29:30 PM
Actually it's not that stupid of a question. Especially if you haven't been in the beta. The classes are divided up by Light, Medium, and Heavy armor. The GW2 Hall of Monuments calculator shows the heritage set in only 3 forms. Light, Medium, and Heavy. By that logic it's not unrealistic to think that a Guardian and Warrior can use the same armor sets. In fact, in ALL the gameplay videos I've seen, and ALL the blogposts I have read (I even wrote the FAQ stickied here on this board) I haven't seen (or don't remember) a straight confirmation on this.
#7CruxisInhibitorPosted 4/18/2012 5:31:08 PM
Armor is separated into ratings (light, medium, heavy), but primarily restricted aesthetically by profession as a result of design. Just because you're an Elementalist, doesn't mean you can wear Mesmer armor so to speak. The reason the armor is separated by the rating is because a warrior or guardian is going to be less squishy than say a Necromancer. This doesn't mean that a profession can wear any armor of the rating, just like a Ranger had the same armor rating as an Assassin in GW1, but they had completely different aesthetics for armor sets.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
Currently Playing: Okami, DQIX,Twilight Princess, FFTA2
#8SlaynPosted 4/18/2012 5:31:10 PM
EternalNether posted...
Actually it's not that stupid of a question. Especially if you haven't been in the beta. The classes are divided up by Light, Medium, and Heavy armor. The GW2 Hall of Monuments calculator shows the heritage set in only 3 forms. Light, Medium, and Heavy. By that logic it's not unrealistic to think that a Guardian and Warrior can use the same armor sets. In fact, in ALL the gameplay videos I've seen, and ALL the blogposts I have read (I even wrote the FAQ stickied here on this board) I haven't seen (or don't remember) a straight confirmation on this.

Well not only do they wear the same type, but stats are pretty universal, aren't they...
#9LotionExplosion(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 5:31:57 PM
I actually was in the event and I'm fairly certain that Warriors and Guardians can wear the same armor (as it's both heavy), but I've never seen a Guardian with Warrior armor, and I feel that it may cause some difficulty in discerning which class you're fighting with (ie you're in PvP and you see someone in heavy armor, how can you tell that they're a Guardian/Warrior until they land a few blows on you?)
---
A sea, where a fallen musician can only lament his failure.
#10CavenchPosted 4/18/2012 5:35:47 PM
If he is raging and charging then he's a warrior, if he is prancing around then a guardian ;)