NCSoft Master Account Holders & Download Problems

#1DraconisRexPosted 4/25/2012 1:48:16 PM
You know... I think ANet has great customer service. The reason is, every friggin' time I get one of their games it's the dog's breakfast to get my accounts linked up do to the horrible instructions and half the things that supposedly allow you to log-in, don't.

GW2 is the fourth game that I've beaten my head against the wall since I got GW all those years ago. It's so typical as to be comical. Except the frustration part of it...

Yesterday the email telling me to log into the forums using my email address: You can log in to the forums using the same User ID and password that you created when you registered your Guild Wars 2 account.

I give it a shot. I figure it's just busy... I try, on-and-off for a day now... It wouldn't use my GW1/GW2/Aion/Lineage2 email address to let me it. So I send a ticket...

Two hours later, they let me know that I have use my NCSoft master account (playername@ncscoft) since I linked my GW1 and GW2 accounts. If they'd have put this in the message, it would have been very helpful yesterday:

***What is my Guild Wars 2 Login?***

Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 use the same login information.
If you already play Guild Wars, and you linked Guild Wars 2 to your account, then you must log in to Guild Wars 2 and the forums using the exact same account information that you use to log in to play Guild Wars.
Example 1: Email or Account Name: myaccount@ncsoft Password: myGuildWarsPW
Example 2: Email or Account Name: myemail@email.fake Password: myGuildWarsPW
If you did not link Guild Wars 2 to an existing Guild Wars account, then you must log in with the email address and password that you provided during registration.
Example: Email or Account Name: myemail@email.fake Password: myGuildWars2PW

Anyway... If you have an NCSoft master account, have linked your GW1 account, and haven't been able to log in... This could be why.

As for me... I've got about 100,000 more files to go now that I'm in...
---
It's not 2004, stop making excuses...
#2steker16Posted 4/25/2012 1:49:46 PM(edited)

You know... I think ANet has great customer service. The reason is, every friggin' time I get one of their games it's the dog's breakfast to get my accounts linked

wat
---
nomnomnom
#3Phazor58Posted 4/25/2012 1:52:12 PM
I have a Master Account and I linked to my GW1 account. The login info for the GW2 forums was exactly the same as my GW1 login info.
---
PSN: Phazor58 (Put gamefaqs/gamespot in the message or I will not add you)
Steam: Phaz (Augustus Caesar avatar)
#4MusashiExtraPosted 4/25/2012 1:52:55 PM
I was confused by this as well. Tried email and unique ID. Then tried old GW stuff and it worked. *shrug*
---
The shining light in the darkness...
Isn't it awful... to have wings... and not know how to use them... | Tega.
#5InfyraPosted 4/25/2012 1:55:18 PM
Did you buy the games directly from NCsoft? For some reason my master account will not accept my serial key for the GW I bought boxed on release, but it will not accept my Triology or my EoTN keys either that I bought on steam last year.
---
Milimi, Exiles of Fate - Zenedar (EU)