What would be a guild wars 2 killer ?

#1prevoraPosted 4/26/2012 12:36:41 PM

we have all  and including myself have  thought of what the next  " wow killer" would be  at some time  or another  , and  don't say you have not because we at least humored the subject , and if you really have no then shame on you sir shame on you !!!

anywho , with gw2 looming in the near months .  it kinda makes me wonder what would be the guild wars 2 killer , 

now i don't want to be cheesy and say if there was one then it would kill it self ,,  NO NO !!! NO , guild wars 2 is no emo  like that .

but  in a real look at what could make a mmo be even better then what gw2 will give us .  it kinda makes me wonder .

so i have compiled a list of things in my opinion that would make for a gw2 killer .

f2p

many different races to play  such as , high elf, dark elf, wood elf , orc  , ogre , troll , human , half elf , reptilian , goblin , gnome , dwarf,   centaurs , minotaurs , giant , vampire , werewolf, fairy , ghost , demon

many different professions to play as such as ,  paladin , shadowknight ,necromancer ,magician , witch , warlock , wizard, enchanter , sorcerer , ranger, rogue , assassin , warrior , Templar , cleric , shaman , witchdoctor , druid , ninja , monk , 

the game would have to revolve around a fantasy based mmorpg ,

pvp would be skill based much like gw2 will be like but balanced ,

the world would have to a open world no loading screens what so ever .

cash shop would be for costume and cosmetics , and utility in the sense that if you want extra bag spaces or different emote motion mechanics  to your character  as option  , nothing that would make or break a player 

dungeons  out the ying yang  with each one having an epic boss to face that pertained to the world and story of your character

lvl cap would be 200 , but it would be a  flat leveling curve  ,

the factions would be broken up in 5 that would rage war against each others side in a rvr type  sense for an area you could teleport or take a flying mount  to and keep in mind there is still no loading screens.

the purpose of the war ?  to win over land  in  parts of the  game  that would have  , keeps , castles, cites and bosses and npc's that would drop  rewards out the ying yang  pertaining to  your profession and race and your faction .

quest based system would be  dynamic events like gw2  .

that's all that i have got right now .  my dorkyness is in over load just thinking about a game that i might not ever see ,  well at least i have gw2 to look forward to :D

#2im_boredPosted 4/26/2012 12:42:06 PM
This thread is bad and you should feel bad for posting it.
---
I'm not your bro, bro.
#3prevora(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 12:43:39 PM
im_bored posted...
---
I'm not your bro, bro.

your post is boring and you should feel bored for posting it
#4darksoulpriestPosted 4/26/2012 12:48:05 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19481143.jpg
---
Dynamic Sig Says:
#5OmisanAndrewPosted 4/26/2012 12:50:42 PM
high elf, dark elf, wood elf , orc , ogre , troll , human , half elf , reptilian , goblin , gnome , dwarf, centaurs , minotaurs , giant , vampire , werewolf, fairy , ghost , demon

Dude........ I bet you own a replica LoTR sword.

Sci-fi games are better.
---
Little high like noon on the moon
#6JebSkatr2Posted 4/26/2012 1:01:59 PM
Guild wars 2 killer?

Overwhelming player population consisting of people such as the TC should pretty much do it.
#7steker16Posted 4/26/2012 1:04:54 PM

Guild wars 2 killer?

Overwhelming player population consisting of people such as the TC should pretty much do it.

this
---
nomnomnom
#8Cool_new_namePosted 4/26/2012 1:14:44 PM
Years ago I imagined a game that would have been so cool. If it ever became a reality it would kill GW2, WoW, earth, the milky way.
I was surprised to see a number of my ideas popping up in GW2. I think Anet devs got into my head and stole a lot of my ideas.
#9PorkinzPosted 4/26/2012 1:20:01 PM
The only thing that could kill GW2 is GW3

No free to play game is going to have that much content. Consider how much effort, love, money, and time they put into GW2...you think some no-name dev studio will crank out a F2P blockbuster? Get real man.

You are basically describing GW2 in your list but just adding on your own personal fantasies on top. Playable vampires, werewolves, and ghosts? What is this? Halloween Adventures?

GW2 is gonna be your best shot for a looooooong time so you might as well give up on your ideal MMO because it isn't coming.
#10WarBeaglePosted 4/26/2012 1:32:35 PM

I'm astounded to be typing this, but I couldn't agree with you more if I tried.
---
The above statement is an opinion. Deal with it.---
Hatefact: non-PC statement that happens to be true.