What's a fun class to play?

#1xAmadaeusPosted 4/29/2012 8:20:13 AM
Perhaps an overpowered class?
---
Signature
#2george43Posted 4/29/2012 8:23:12 AM
Most overpowered class right now is ranger (especially ranger w/ spider pet)(spider's spit outdamages any ranger attack)

Most fun is relative. I had more fun on a thief than I did elementalist.
#3Element_PearlPosted 4/29/2012 8:25:19 AM
I've only tried a Necro and a Thief. The Thief was a lot of fun, especially Pistol/Dagger skillset. Very mobile and I felt like I was doing some decent damage too.

The Necro...I dunno. The pets seem underwhelming and I didn't really enjoy any of the skillsets I tried except Dagger/Dagger, which didn't seem ideal for the class.

I'm interested in Elementalist as well, not sure if I'll get to that one this weekend or not.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#4xAmadaeus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 8:27:49 AM
I think I might try thief then. I usually like a thief class in other mmos, but the ranger looks good too.
---
Signature
#5ryanell666Posted 4/29/2012 8:30:21 AM
gotta love topics like this...

- "X" is the best class to play right now

- spend a month raising that character

- NERF-BAT!

- "Aw man...wah wah wah, I can't believe they nerf'd my character! wah wah wah, I rage quit!"

dude, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

same thing just happened in SWTOR with Sorcs and Ops (despite being too stupid to re-learn their class)....think it's going to be different in GW2?

best to look at how fun a class could be...and just focus on that. NOT if a class is OP/faceroll....
#6DraconisRexPosted 4/29/2012 8:31:30 AM
george43 posted...
Most overpowered class right now is ranger (especially ranger w/ spider pet)(spider's spit outdamages any ranger attack)

Most fun is relative. I had more fun on a thief than I did elementalist.

Yeah, I sort of noticed my ranger was massively OP compared to my other two characters. I'm sure the nerf bat is being polished up right now...
---
It's not 2004, stop making excuses...
#7jay7018Posted 4/29/2012 8:34:42 AM
Ranger is OP melee ranger in particular. 4k crits with throwing axes 1K + pet attacks. the key to OP damage lies in the marksmen tree no matter what weapon you are using.
---
The Official Pimp Hand of the Tampa Bay Rays...
#8Thechosenone501Posted 4/30/2012 1:45:48 AM
ranger was OP but as a well played ele, if i caught people off guard, i could kill them in a couple seconds. ride the lighting while arcane blast, lighting blast, and blinding flash (all usable while ride the lighting is going to your opponent) -> arcane wave and earth switch at the same time -> earth quake -> fire switch -> dragons tooth, phoenix -> flametouch. only thing i couldn't kill with that combo was a guardian. and for them i still had water attunement to control them til i could do it again (in about 10 seconds worth of cooldowns)

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/press_beta_2/elementalist#2.0-3.1.4.3.2-15.0.15.10.30-2.11.8.11.6.7
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#9Jordo_dPosted 4/30/2012 2:00:45 AM
Thechosenone501 posted...
ranger was OP but as a well played ele, if i caught people off guard, i could kill them in a couple seconds. ride the lighting while arcane blast, lighting blast, and blinding flash (all usable while ride the lighting is going to your opponent) -> arcane wave and earth switch at the same time -> earth quake -> fire switch -> dragons tooth, phoenix -> flametouch. only thing i couldn't kill with that combo was a guardian. and for them i still had water attunement to control them til i could do it again (in about 10 seconds worth of cooldowns)

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/press_beta_2/elementalist#2.0-3.1.4.3.2-15.0.15.10.30-2.11.8.11.6.7

This....is why i will not play elementalist....it's like stance dancing on a Warrior in WoW...you have to combo your sets together rather than just picking one and dropping deuce with it

Sure its cool to chain a combo together like that, but it takes 10x more effort than me just lotus deathblossoming/stealthing/backstabbing you....until ur low enough for my "2" finisher on the thief
---
Now Playing: LoL, WoW, KH: BBS
My Next Titles: Diablo 3, GW2, KH: 3D