• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. What's a fun class to play?
4 years ago#1
Perhaps an overpowered class?
Signature
4 years ago#2
Most overpowered class right now is ranger (especially ranger w/ spider pet)(spider's spit outdamages any ranger attack)

Most fun is relative. I had more fun on a thief than I did elementalist.
4 years ago#3
I've only tried a Necro and a Thief. The Thief was a lot of fun, especially Pistol/Dagger skillset. Very mobile and I felt like I was doing some decent damage too.

The Necro...I dunno. The pets seem underwhelming and I didn't really enjoy any of the skillsets I tried except Dagger/Dagger, which didn't seem ideal for the class.

I'm interested in Elementalist as well, not sure if I'll get to that one this weekend or not.
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
4 years ago#4
I think I might try thief then. I usually like a thief class in other mmos, but the ranger looks good too.
Signature
4 years ago#5
gotta love topics like this...

- "X" is the best class to play right now

- spend a month raising that character

- NERF-BAT!

- "Aw man...wah wah wah, I can't believe they nerf'd my character! wah wah wah, I rage quit!"

dude, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

same thing just happened in SWTOR with Sorcs and Ops (despite being too stupid to re-learn their class)....think it's going to be different in GW2?

best to look at how fun a class could be...and just focus on that. NOT if a class is OP/faceroll....
4 years ago#6
george43 posted...
Most overpowered class right now is ranger (especially ranger w/ spider pet)(spider's spit outdamages any ranger attack)

Most fun is relative. I had more fun on a thief than I did elementalist.

Yeah, I sort of noticed my ranger was massively OP compared to my other two characters. I'm sure the nerf bat is being polished up right now...
It's not 2004, stop making excuses...
4 years ago#7
Ranger is OP melee ranger in particular. 4k crits with throwing axes 1K + pet attacks. the key to OP damage lies in the marksmen tree no matter what weapon you are using.
The Official Pimp Hand of the Tampa Bay Rays...
4 years ago#8
ranger was OP but as a well played ele, if i caught people off guard, i could kill them in a couple seconds. ride the lighting while arcane blast, lighting blast, and blinding flash (all usable while ride the lighting is going to your opponent) -> arcane wave and earth switch at the same time -> earth quake -> fire switch -> dragons tooth, phoenix -> flametouch. only thing i couldn't kill with that combo was a guardian. and for them i still had water attunement to control them til i could do it again (in about 10 seconds worth of cooldowns)

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/press_beta_2/elementalist#2.0-3.1.4.3.2-15.0.15.10.30-2.11.8.11.6.7
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
4 years ago#9
Thechosenone501 posted...
ranger was OP but as a well played ele, if i caught people off guard, i could kill them in a couple seconds. ride the lighting while arcane blast, lighting blast, and blinding flash (all usable while ride the lighting is going to your opponent) -> arcane wave and earth switch at the same time -> earth quake -> fire switch -> dragons tooth, phoenix -> flametouch. only thing i couldn't kill with that combo was a guardian. and for them i still had water attunement to control them til i could do it again (in about 10 seconds worth of cooldowns)

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/press_beta_2/elementalist#2.0-3.1.4.3.2-15.0.15.10.30-2.11.8.11.6.7

This....is why i will not play elementalist....it's like stance dancing on a Warrior in WoW...you have to combo your sets together rather than just picking one and dropping deuce with it

Sure its cool to chain a combo together like that, but it takes 10x more effort than me just lotus deathblossoming/stealthing/backstabbing you....until ur low enough for my "2" finisher on the thief
Now Playing: LoL, WoW, KH: BBS
My Next Titles: Diablo 3, GW2, KH: 3D
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. What's a fun class to play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived