How are the sales so far for this game?

#1iPWNtheNoobsPosted 4/29/2012 4:43:14 PM
I heard they broke 1M pre- purchases?
Also, what is their personal goal?
---
Trolling is a art
#2slvrmsngrPosted 4/29/2012 5:07:53 PM
NCSoft's shareholder report that came out awhile back said that based on traffic levels to the GW2 website and other factors, they predict about 3.2M sales in 2012 alone.

I don't know if that is their goal, but it's their prediction.
#3iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 2:28:17 PM
Oh, wow, that is actually a lot. Well, like a few years ago, what was their goal?
---
Trolling is a art
#4Everkwest25Posted 4/30/2012 2:30:26 PM
to pwn wow.. they are getting a big head imo
#5KirynTheClericPosted 4/30/2012 2:35:34 PM

Not sure if stupid, trolling, or joking...

If one of the first two, please tell me where they've said their intention is to "pwn wow".
---
Mods saying pokemon reproduction topics aren't related to the game is like saying theory-talk isn't allowed, and yet theory-talk IS allowed. Hmm, go figure...
#6LizardneckPosted 4/30/2012 2:39:32 PM

I've heard people say that, too, but I have no idea where that number came from. I haven't seen it from any official source. Made me think that people were confusing the number of people who signed up for beta earlier this year (which was over a million) with the number of pre-purchases.
#7iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:33:06 PM
Lizardneck posted...
I've heard people say that, too, but I have no idea where that number came from. I haven't seen it from any official source. Made me think that people were confusing the number of people who signed up for beta earlier this year (which was over a million) with the number of pre-purchases.

This, I heard signups passed million, but never saw official number.
---
Trolling is a art
#8-Jammo-Posted 4/30/2012 6:42:26 PM
KirynTheCleric posted...
Not sure if stupid, trolling, or joking...

If one of the first two, please tell me where they've said their intention is to "pwn wow".

Guild Wars has some of the most petty infantile "DEATH TO WOW RRARGHRBFLLALGHBAGGLE" types of any playerbase. SWTOR had that, but this foaming at the mouth has died down. Guild Wars fanboys have been consistantly outspoken and annoying. Keep in mind I said "fanboys" not "fans"
---
"The truth is never a laughing matter." bigdsd08
A wise proverb. Nothing in real life is worth smiling over...ever. LOL
#9ZaerekPosted 4/30/2012 6:46:55 PM
Well, there were over 450,000 people in this beta weekend, which is numbers of copies already sold.

Pretty good for a game not even out yet.
---
Guild Wars 2 PvP and gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/user/DisastrousResults
#10iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 7:58:44 PM
Zaerek posted...
Well, there were over 450,000 people in this beta weekend, which is numbers of copies already sold.

Pretty good for a game not even out yet.

Pretty good. What I mainly wondering is what was their goal.
---
Trolling is a art