Thief PvP footage

#1JtheKitsunePosted 4/30/2012 11:16:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTC_beO8q7A

I've got a bunch more of these videos coming. This one lacks sound, but for all of you interested in the thief, take a look! I like to think I represented them well except that it wasn't later in the weekend until I got good at stealing (which actually is pretty awesome once you do).
#2Crimson_SpiderPosted 4/30/2012 11:20:50 AM
If there's no sound then you should put background music in.
---
Secular Science: Because the smart thing to do is to extrapolate observed phenomena seven orders of magnitude beyond observability for no reason than to do it.
#3JtheKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 11:23:08 AM
That's a clever thought I probably should have thought of. Right now I'm focused on uploading and managing the videos that do have sound but thank you!
#4HunterTorenPosted 4/30/2012 11:35:46 AM
Nice video, I suck at pvp :)
#5Phazor58Posted 4/30/2012 11:40:40 AM
Great video. Making melee look viable since always.
---
PSN: Phazor58 (Put gamefaqs/gamespot in the message or I will not add you)
Steam: Phaz (Augustus Caesar avatar)
#6Golden_MeanPosted 4/30/2012 11:46:39 AM
Nice vid, I was loving the thief in pvp too. Just an observation, you didn't touch your Elite skill once in that match. Maybe you just never needed it, I don't know. Any reason why you prefer that one over others? I personally never found Thieves Guild to be particularly useful, say, over Basilisk Venom.
---
Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity. - Rah Xephon
#7JtheKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 12:24:47 PM
@Golden_Mean I never needed it in that particular match. I kind of wish I'd used it just to show it off. Thieves guild is amazing to me. The thieves you summon have the full set of dagger and pistol weapon skills (though they have no heals or utility and I think they're unspecced) and do a considerable amount of damage, especially when stacked on top of my own, in addition to providing a -wonderful- distraction that's saved my life or got me back up out of downed countless times. The thing is I save them for fights I'm not going to win, like 2 on 1 or when I'm caught with very low health, in which they're a game changer, and I was pretty much winning all my fights that round. I too once fancied basilisk venom but the truth is there's just not a whole lot to get done with a 2 second stun aside from an interrupt and -maybe- one attack that I could probably hit just fine with anyway, and I have the pistols for interrupting.
#8Golden_MeanPosted 4/30/2012 1:03:05 PM
JtheKitsune posted...
@Golden_Mean I never needed it in that particular match. I kind of wish I'd used it just to show it off. Thieves guild is amazing to me. The thieves you summon have the full set of dagger and pistol weapon skills (though they have no heals or utility and I think they're unspecced) and do a considerable amount of damage, especially when stacked on top of my own, in addition to providing a -wonderful- distraction that's saved my life or got me back up out of downed countless times. The thing is I save them for fights I'm not going to win, like 2 on 1 or when I'm caught with very low health, in which they're a game changer, and I was pretty much winning all my fights that round. I too once fancied basilisk venom but the truth is there's just not a whole lot to get done with a 2 second stun aside from an interrupt and -maybe- one attack that I could probably hit just fine with anyway, and I have the pistols for interrupting.

Interesting! Never thought they could be useful in that manner.

By the way I thought it was hilarious when you kept dazing that one guy who was trying to rez his buddy, making him overstay his welcome and thus dying. Lulz.
---
Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity. - Rah Xephon
#9JtheKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 1:10:49 PM
That's pretty much what I remember that match by. XD
#10JtheKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 1:21:01 PM
Next vid's up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7grppRv7VMs&feature=youtu.be