Story gap?

#1Patriarch105Posted 4/30/2012 6:00:55 PM
Has there been much media regarding the time inbetween the games?

250 years is a long time. Theres a few dozen characters I'd like to hear what happened to them. Did they die naturally? are they still alive? did they get a sword through their head?

Why are the Charr now allied with humans?

Do i really need to wait for 2 more expansions to play in Cantha and.....that africa place.
---
Playing SSF4:AE + SFxT
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#2WormeckPosted 4/30/2012 6:02:55 PM
The only question I really know the answer to right now, is about the charr.

Elder Dragons are worse than their feud, and while they were extremely aggressive they weren't really wrong to want to take back their homeland.

It mostly comes down to diplomatic efforts on both sides though I would wager.
---
PSN name: Wormeck
#3Klaus343Posted 4/30/2012 6:19:19 PM

Really it all comes down to ease.

The only race in prophecies that had any trace of originality were the Charr, and maybe the Tengu. The rest were typical staple fantasy races, and were mostly throwaway.

They had a look before planning GW2 and EoTN, and thought... "Well, we have these Norn, Asura, and Sylvari... we need something else...... we need something that feels like Guild Wars and has some history with the game."

Maybe even looked at fan posts, and thought...
The Charr. Perfect, we'll expand them a little bit, change 'em up and give 'em some personality....
They feel like Guild Wars and are linked intrinsically since the beginning. Excellent.

The fact that the Charr are forgotten about, after not even a third of the originally game... Made things easier giving them some personality.
They were a blank slate on which they could imprint flare, some flavor and personality.
#4Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:25:44 PM
Klaus343 posted...
they were interesting from a gameplay perspective.

Ya...fine. Im talkin story here. Did the Charr just up an say one day "Hey maybe it was wrong of us to kill all those humans then make the land we live in uninhabitable"

Were they an offshoot of that Charr Hero's tribe from GW1.

It seems like it would be a hard sell like making the Nazi's best friends with jews just because "Oh well we're over it"
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#5YouriKillaPosted 4/30/2012 6:29:29 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
Klaus343 posted...

Ya...fine. Im talkin story here. Did the Charr just up an say one day "Hey maybe it was wrong of us to kill all those humans then make the land we live in uninhabitable"

It seems like it would be a hard sell like making the Nazi's best friends with jews just because "Oh well we're over it"

The humans found an item of great importance to the Charr. A Claw or Horn or something.
#6GuiltyGearGodPosted 4/30/2012 6:40:15 PM
Patriarch105 posted...

Read Ghosts of Ascalon, or some sort of synopsis. The events leading up to Charr and Humans kinda/sorta getting along are the focus of the book.
---
Thou shalt not think that any man over the age of 30 that plays with a child that is not his own is a pedophile. Some people are just nice.
#7Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:40:53 PM
YouriKilla posted...

The humans found an item of great importance to the Charr. A Claw or Horn or something.

So they jingled some keys in front of them an they barked? I hope its a bit deeper then that.
---
#8PikaleyPosted 4/30/2012 6:45:22 PM
im not going into a lot of detail but the 2 novels explains alot of this in detail, i would recommend any serious lore person to read them not to mention they are good reads even without prior knowledge og gw1 although that knowledge makes the books that much better
---
DQM2 Team Iceblaze:Black Dragon, Metal King Slime, Mumboh-Jumboe
HM ToTT: 318189644171, Farm: Hayes, Name: Brad
#9Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 7:07:15 PM
Pikaley posted...
im not going into a lot of detail but the 2 novels explains alot of this in detail, i would recommend any serious lore person to read them not to mention they are good reads even without prior knowledge og gw1 although that knowledge makes the books that much better

Eh....my book que is a bit big right now. Currently reading works by Alexander Dumas once i'm done the info won't matter to me anymore.

I'm sure its a good book but I just don't have time for it.
---
#10Switch2Nine6Posted 4/30/2012 7:28:18 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
Klaus343 posted...

The Charr were tricked into creating the searing and destroying Ascalon by the titans. It wasn't their intention and they didn't mean to destroy their homeland, they merely wanted to break down the wall and reclaim it.

And it's nothing like Nazi's and the Jews - It's more like Germans and the Jews. Jews and German people get along fine now, just the Nazis which were an incredibly evil organization who happened to take control of Germany and turned the German military into their pawns.

After WW2 the Germans who had served the Nazis realized how incredibly evil the Nazis were and had the power to choose never to serve them again and actually fight back against them with the allies, just like how the Charr fight back against the remaining Flame Legion with the humans.