Line of Warding

#1Sir_Burpalot21Posted 4/30/2012 7:58:33 PM
Had a lot of fun in the beta with this Guardian skill.
It creates a line in front of you that prevents all enemies from moving over.

At one point the enemy zerg were pushing my team back in WvW. We fell back to our next defensive position and crossed over the bridge.
I got to do a "You shall not pass!!" on that bridge by combining the Line of Warding with Wall of Reflection.

It gave my team time to regroup and unleash hell on the masses stuck on the bridge!!
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#2LotionExplosionPosted 4/30/2012 8:23:45 PM
Guardian is by far the best class in structured PvP. You're gonna win in any 1v1, you're going to survive and cause problems in a 2v1. What I really enjoyed was the Tome of Courage elite. That, and you've got a bubble that pushes enemies away.. You've also got another utility skill bubble that pushes enemies away + heals you and anyone inside of it (while lasting almost 3x as long). Your F1-F3 are very useful in fights, and with your elite you can completely mess any fight up. Really, they're absolutely amazing and extremely satisfying to play.

I've played every class except for the Mesmer a decent bit now (I played in a stress test on top of this beta weekend) and I gotta say.. Guardian is by far my favorite.
---
A sea, where a fallen musician can only lament his failure.
#3BulbasuarPosted 4/30/2012 8:25:40 PM
Amazing.

Also, yeah guardian is boss it seems
---
Bulbasuar. The misspelled Pokemon.
#4LotionExplosionPosted 4/30/2012 8:29:14 PM(edited)
Yup. Line of warding is really good in certain maps too - Like when you're going to that giant tower in one of the PvP maps (the name escapes me).. You can completely stop a push and force people to either walk all the way around or wait. It's also a very good tool for trapping enemies while you mercilessly beat them.

I really suggest you guys try out guardian, they're the most fun ever.
---
A sea, where a fallen musician can only lament his failure.
#5RDB26Posted 5/1/2012 12:59:27 PM

I really enjoyed blasting enemies off of capture points with Sanctuary. Or I'd combine it with Tome of Wrath to harass my enemies until a team mate could show up to help me take them down. Guardian has a lot of fun control option that I think will really shine when organized teams start competing.

#6PheemPosted 5/1/2012 1:03:16 PM
Yup, I loved all the Guardian's wall skills. In the pvp maps there were so many places where I would just drop a Sanctuary or Line of Warding at a door frame and stop them for a while.

It was also really fun just being able to tank like 4 people at a time. Though I wouldn't necessarily be able to kill someone every time, I was able to annoy them and prevent them from getting a capture point while my team got other ones or came to help.