mesmer mask?

#1henomeiPosted 4/30/2012 8:30:23 PM
can it be removed?
---
SSBB: 0774-3987-3038
JUS:4682-5715-7406, PKMN: 2363 7238 8973
#2TaijouroukunPosted 4/30/2012 8:32:27 PM
you can left click on the headgear and hide it.
#3Lord_Waffles21Posted 4/30/2012 8:33:34 PM
You can also do this for shoulders. I think it was right click though for the pull down option.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Colors!!!! Wheeee!!!
#4NicoGrimmPosted 4/30/2012 8:47:58 PM
I really wish the masks looked better.
They're just creepy for the most part. :(
---
You're all alone friend. Pick up the phone then ring ring call 'em up, tell 'em about the new trends!
#5Raven_ShikumiPosted 4/30/2012 8:58:08 PM
Well if you actually play the game you'd realize you quickly get new headgear to replace it, and it looks far different.

My Mesmer ended up with a carnivale-esque masque.

But along the way I got a feathery headdress type thing, and a nice looking circlet.

Suffice to say, it's just headgear you'll get new looks as you level up.
---
"Fool!" - Excalibur
#6quincy2000aPosted 5/1/2012 2:48:08 AM
ha! the look annoyed me--i pulled it off by going to the character screen.

i'll probably only wear one if it increases my stats dramatically. the stat increase on that first one seemed negligible.
---
Final Fantasy XIV -- Square's player-subsidized welfare project
#7manonfiyaPosted 5/1/2012 2:50:29 AM
quincy2000a posted...
ha! the look annoyed me--i pulled it off by going to the character screen.

i'll probably only wear one if it increases my stats dramatically. the stat increase on that first one seemed negligible.

Well as said earlier, you can "hide" the mask while you're wearing it...really no reason Not to wear it, even for a meager boost.
#8HulluKidPosted 5/1/2012 2:52:54 AM
I liked that mask... well could be weird fetish i got. xD

Anyway joking aside...

It dont really offer anything special, just piece of starting armor. you can find other headgear easily and replace it.

Wish they could add some mask to mesmer from original gw... Primeval and asura female masks are cools...
---
i wish i were cloud...
#9Simmo8591Posted 5/1/2012 3:08:10 AM
What about the items that you pick in your personal story intro? I didnt play the Beta but guardian had the option of a helm or two shoulders.... all of which were treasured herilooms about your character. Do they stay with u (if you want) or is it a case of 'this was my grandfathers helm It's been in my family for 60 years.... ohh shiny level 5 hat....switch'
---
dont stop believing, hold on to that feeling
#10raytrix1Posted 5/1/2012 3:24:19 AM
Simmo8591 posted...
What about the items that you pick in your personal story intro? I didnt play the Beta but guardian had the option of a helm or two shoulders.... all of which were treasured herilooms about your character. Do they stay with u (if you want) or is it a case of 'this was my grandfathers helm It's been in my family for 60 years.... ohh shiny level 5 hat....switch'

If you want to keep it (for RP or PS reasons) you can always buy a transmutation stone, not sure how much it costs, but it lets you keep the skin and upgrade it with other weapons' stats.