Warrior stats

#1carnage1770Posted 4/30/2012 9:30:25 PM
I assume warriors have a "best" stat be it power, might, crit. I can't seem to find a good listing on it anyone who played in the beta or that just simply knows care to help me out? I've never played GW before so I don't really know much about the game. I did mess around with the talent calculator a bit even thought I know it will probably change a little (or lot) by release. Feel free to mock me on it.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;ppaaf;ecbVcWaaaaaaeaa;baWd;ZbeXZ
#2adgatoPosted 4/30/2012 9:33:58 PM
I wish i had found time to play a warrior over the weekend. I've been hearing a lot of talk about how screwed they are if they bother to actually melee, and the skills don't hang together well. Not sure if the people saying it were incompetent or if it needs a rebuild.
#3EternalNetherPosted 4/30/2012 9:42:09 PM
adgato posted...
I wish i had found time to play a warrior over the weekend. I've been hearing a lot of talk about how screwed they are if they bother to actually melee, and the skills don't hang together well. Not sure if the people saying it were incompetent or if it needs a rebuild.

Let me put it this way...

I gave up on my Warrior at level 8 out of sheer frustration and absolute anger. I then proceeded to make a ranged class that I got to 20 with no problems at all. There is definitely a problem there, and ArenaNet has said today that they are working on it.

Right now the most viable way to play a Warrior is with a Rifle which is completely idiotic. I make a warrior for melee combat. If I want ranged combat I'll make a ranged character. I wouldn't be against using a Rifle or Bow on occasion but using it all the time just sucks.
#4carnage1770(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 9:46:04 PM
Yeah that just seems like typical beta stuff, hopefully it all gets fixed quickly.
#5ZamundaHakeemPosted 4/30/2012 9:58:40 PM
Well you need to get some defense as a warrior. If you want to go more offense then you might be better going with a ranged weapon (this is due to the lack of mobility of the warrior).
#6carnage1770(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 10:07:00 PM
Really? I was looking forward to a more offensive build but I might start looking into different classes if it's a serious problem staying on the target.
#7adgatoPosted 4/30/2012 10:07:36 PM
EternalNether posted...
adgato posted...

I gave up on my Warrior at level 8 out of sheer frustration and absolute anger. I then proceeded to make a ranged class that I got to 20 with no problems at all. There is definitely a problem there, and ArenaNet has said today that they are working on it.

Right now the most viable way to play a Warrior is with a Rifle which is completely idiotic. I make a warrior for melee combat. If I want ranged combat I'll make a ranged character. I wouldn't be against using a Rifle or Bow on occasion but using it all the time just sucks.

Yeah i like that warriors have a viable ranged choice, i had been hearing that. but if it is the best choice because they are better off avoiding melee, then that is a problem. glad to hear it is a known issue being worked on.
#8ZamundaHakeemPosted 4/30/2012 10:16:02 PM
carnage1770 posted...
Really? I was looking forward to a more offensive build but I might start looking into different classes if it's a serious problem staying on the target.

Yeah right now two handed melee warriors are going to be very tough to play (especially early on when you can't trait yet) since if you are focusing on damage you will be a melee glass cannon. Going a single handed weapon with shield helps a lot with your survivability.
#9adgatoPosted 4/30/2012 10:20:32 PM
ZamundaHakeem posted...
carnage1770 posted...

Yeah right now two handed melee warriors are going to be very tough to play (especially early on when you can't trait yet) since if you are focusing on damage you will be a melee glass cannon. Going a single handed weapon with shield helps a lot with your survivability.

In a way i think that is a cool trade-off. It is something you wouldn't really see in another mmo. In some mmos, you never see a sword and shield fighter, unless they are the tank, who can't dps and is getting propped up by a healer. The greatsword warrior would do it to maximize dps. Here it is viable, because you have to decide if the dps bump for greatsword is worth actually losing some survivability.
#10yakkacruzPosted 4/30/2012 10:38:50 PM(edited)

adgato posted...

cool

I was level 8 or 9 and soloing level 13+ tree-thing world-boss things with hammer + mace/shield for several minutes without taking a single hit.
---
. . . I'm a genius, not an engineer! - Aramis