Crafting concerns.

#1tpc8386Posted 5/1/2012 9:14:38 AM
I'm wondering if anybody has had the problem of trying to find the rare blue items that are required to craft pretty much anything equippable. I was trying to work on leatherworking and by the time I found enough weak blood to make half a set of armor, I had already far out leveled the gear making it totally useless.

Does anybody with higher crafting know if it gets easier at higher levels? It wouldn't. Be bad if they had a base set that was crafted from normal goods and then a better quality set that used the rare items I think. Have people talked about this in the beta boards at all? I would look, but I'm at work and my phone doesn't load the gw2 website that well.
---
PSN: Travosaga
Xbox: tpc8386
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 5/1/2012 9:18:56 AM
The game is not based around crafting, so don't worry about it. If you're concerned about that.. switch MMOs
---
2700K @ 4.5ghz(1.28v) | Sapphire 7970 Crossfire @ 1125/1500 | Samsung 830 SSD | 8GB Sniper | 500R | Corsair 850AX | Windblowz 7 Pro
#3FrakkmehPosted 5/1/2012 9:21:03 AM
You can try the looking for the materials you're missing through the commerce menu (press 'O'). Don't know if it gets easier at higher levels though...
#4tpc8386(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 9:24:19 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
The game is not based around crafting, so don't worry about it. If you're concerned about that.. switch MMOs

That's like the silliest thing I've ever heard. Why include crafting at all if it's going to be totally bunk? And it is based around crafting. It's supposed to be MY story and in MY story I like to craft my own armor and weapons. What reason is there to have professions like weapon craft and leatherwork if not to make your own gear as you level up?

What you're saying makes no sense and your go play another mmo thing is just ignorant and reeks of misplaced fanboyism.
---
PSN: Travosaga
Xbox: tpc8386
#5Xeeh_BitzPosted 5/1/2012 9:27:26 AM
tpc8386 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

That's like the silliest thing I've ever heard. Why include crafting at all if it's going to be totally bunk? And it is based around crafting. It's supposed to be MY story and in MY story I like to craft my own armor and weapons. What reason is there to have professions like weapon craft and leatherwork if not to make your own gear as you level up?

What you're saying makes no sense and your go play another mmo thing is just ignorant and reeks of misplaced fanboyism.

It's not your story, its a scripted story and it does not include crafting.

and there really is no crafting weapons or armor in this game either, they do not provide anything different other than skin. Same stats. Someone has been lied to I believe.
---
2700K @ 4.5ghz(1.28v) | Sapphire 7970 Crossfire @ 1125/1500 | Samsung 830 SSD | 8GB Sniper | 500R | Corsair 850AX | Windblowz 7 Pro
#6Dark_Oni12398Posted 5/1/2012 9:28:19 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

The forum is not based around being rude, so don't worry about it. If you're concerned about that.. switch boards.

Honestly I cannot stand people like this, I remember being told that I should go play Skyrim if I want story (skyrim has story lol?) just because I was interested in the pendant of Dark Souls.

He wants to enjoy this game and had a niche interest question so be helpful or get out.
---
Welcome to GameFAQ. Please keep you opinions too yourself, type with perfect spelling and grammar and god help you if you state something as fact.
#7RasBrigginsPosted 5/1/2012 9:52:13 AM
How is this possible? I was lvl 18 and I could craft lvl 25 gear that I couldn't use. If anything, its too easy to level up crafting.
#8JebSkatr2Posted 5/1/2012 9:55:42 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

and there really is no crafting weapons or armor in this game either, they do not provide anything different other than skin. Same stats. Someone has been lied to I believe.

So....you just didn't try crafting in the BWE then? Because crafted armors/items certainly had different stats on them.

Crafting is a great way to obtain gear around your level that focuses on the stats you want your build to have, like +precision or +power. Sure, you could find those items out in the world off random mobs and as DE rewards, and you could skip crafting altogether and not be penalized for it, but crafted items definitely provide value.
#9Delta ZeroPosted 5/1/2012 10:00:14 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

It's not your story, its a scripted story and it does not include crafting.

This is really stupid.

They do provide good stats and were pretty much better than the normal armor I found around.

The grind needed for crafting is indeed a problem. TC is right in complaining and should post in the official forums about this. He is not alone. Not everyone is like this Xeeh_Bitz guy who has no idea what he is talking about and didn't even try it out for himself.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/xXDelta ZeroXx/tempo/card.png
#10RasBrigginsPosted 5/1/2012 10:13:10 AM
Delta Zero posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

The grind needed for crafting is indeed a problem. TC is right in complaining and should post in the official forums about this. He is not alone. Not everyone is like this Xeeh_Bitz guy who has no idea what he is talking about and didn't even try it out for himself.

You both have no idea what you're talking about. The mats are incredibly easy to find.
1. Drops
2. Salvage (Basic Salvage kits can straight up give you the runes you're looking for).
3. Commerce

Try making a tiny amount of effort to do these things in the first place before you all go whining on the forums and turn this into WoW 2.0

Or would you rather have crafting from GW1, farming for hundreds of ectos and obby shards sounds fun doesn't it?