I wish this game was subscription based...

#1koboldwarrior77Posted 5/1/2012 4:17:19 PM
With all the talk of purchased dyes only working on one character (not account wide) and the like... I dunno... I almost just would rather ANet made their money with subscriptions so they don't have to push micro transactions on us like sleazy salesmen to keep the game afloat.

I've always felt that GW felt cheap, and I can't help but wonder if it wasn't because of lack of funding from subscriptions.
---
TERA: Sapphire, High Elf Sorcerer - Jagged Coast
WoW: Makuro, Night Elf Druid (feral) - Stormscale
#2NicoGrimmPosted 5/1/2012 4:22:45 PM
Wait, you actually have to PAY for dyes?
---
You're all alone friend. Pick up the phone then ring ring call 'em up, tell 'em about the new trends!
#3im_boredPosted 5/1/2012 4:24:19 PM

There are in game ways to obtain everything in the cash shop
---
I'm not your bro, bro.
#4d100ProductionsPosted 5/1/2012 4:24:45 PM
No. You can make dyes yourself, but the color generated is random. Getting the seeds isn't particularly hard, but you'll have to wait 24 hours for one to be complete before you can make another.
#5NicoGrimmPosted 5/1/2012 4:26:54 PM(edited)
Oh wow, really? That's pretty awesome.
Any idea how hard gettign cash shop stuff in game is? I eman, if the drops have like a less than 1% chance of actually dropping, wouldnt most people go for cash shop anyway?

edit: Ah, that's interesting. I'm assuming you can hand in seeds in bulk, right?
---
You're all alone friend. Pick up the phone then ring ring call 'em up, tell 'em about the new trends!
#6thetravelerPosted 5/1/2012 4:27:54 PM
im_bored posted...
There are in game ways to obtain everything in the cash shop

mhm, and when games with no sub fee do such a thing its usually EXTREMELY hard to do so and also possibly annoying at the same time.
#7thetravelerPosted 5/1/2012 4:28:41 PM
d100Productions posted...
No. You can make dyes yourself, but the color generated is random. Getting the seeds isn't particularly hard, but you'll have to wait 24 hours for one to be complete before you can make another.

yep, wouldnt want people getting their hands on dyes they actually want or anything in a reasonable amount of time.
#8EternalNetherPosted 5/1/2012 4:32:16 PM
Dye was confirmed early on to be account wide. Considering there are over 400 dye colors that also is the only thing that would make sense. We asked ArenaNet about this on the forums and they said the dye system is still a work in progress. It could be a bug

I apologize for bolding it but it needs to be seen because I'm seeing this topic a lot.
#9FrakkmehPosted 5/1/2012 4:38:53 PM
thetraveler posted...
d100Productions posted...

yep, wouldnt want people getting their hands on dyes they actually want or anything in a reasonable amount of time.

Depends on what you consider a reasonable amount of time. Considering players of mmorpgs have been known to play for hundreds of hours for specific drops, armor, or weapon skins I think players will invest time in getting the dyes they want.

I doubt players will be forced to wear hideous colors while they wait to get their desired dye anyway.
#10Crimson PhantomPosted 5/1/2012 4:40:25 PM
honestly I assume from the beta, where i was able to obtain a LOT of cash shop stuff from ingame drops it is realllllll easy to get them

but at the same time, its even easier for some people to just buy them
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power