Norn or Human Warrior?

#1LumberZackPosted 5/1/2012 6:00:55 PM
After having played around with both races, which would you prefer come launch?

Taking into account:
- Character Models in relation to gear
- Animations
- Personal stories
- Gameplay advantages/disadvantages (larger target, etc).
- Race setting
#2Vile_SyndromePosted 5/1/2012 6:06:03 PM
Norn female. Armor looks better IMO, I like the story, and I have a fondness for anything even remotely Norse.

That's just me of course, though.
---
WoW: Dondric/Celestara/Xivos (Moon Guard); Maple Story: KimmyVertigo
#3r7gerrabbitPosted 5/1/2012 6:52:25 PM
I like Norn. But then again I think humans are the absolute most boring race possible in an MMO with multiple options. At least the Norn are like half giants that can turn into animals.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#4havok718Posted 5/1/2012 10:16:59 PM
Same. Big fan of the Norn. But only humans have the Asian face options. What to do :(
#5_Elite_Bushido_Posted 5/1/2012 10:18:10 PM

I like Norn. But then again I think humans are the absolute most boring race possible in an MMO with multiple options. At least the Norn are like half giants that can turn into animals.

Norn female. Armor looks better IMO, I like the story, and I have a fondness for anything even remotely Norse.

That's just me of course, though.

except for long ass arms, shorter skinny legs, small heads, super big shoulders, odd size/shape torses, big ass feet/hands....
they look ridiculous... just make a bigger human
---
"The Hunger Games is the dumb American version of Battle Royale."
#6TheWarhammeronlPosted 5/1/2012 10:27:29 PM
Norn.

At the end of the beta weekend event I saw some pretty high level warriors and guardians.

The Norn look the best, just because they are bigger, the heavy armor makes them look really intimidating.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#7FeomatharPosted 5/1/2012 10:57:50 PM
The Norn look the best, just because they are bigger, the heavy armor makes them look really intimidating.

That idle animation where they smile and then pulverize their palm with the other fist is pretty intimidating too. I love it.
---
"Woman Hitler" is an anagram for Mother-In-Law.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, Risen 2
#8LumberZack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 11:01:18 PM
Yeah, I reckon Norn would look pretty sweet in high level Ranger gear too.

Wonder what I should make for my Human... Engineer? Thief? Guardian? Probably more appropriate considering their starter zone and stories.

Looks to me like the Warrior and Ranger class is very applicable to Norn, whereas Thief/Guardian for Human (again, taking into account Race story)
#9Switch2Nine6Posted 5/2/2012 12:03:39 AM
Norn.

Can turn into werewolves, werebears, etc.

I know they have to balance it but if Tyria was a real place, a Norn warrior would win 9 times out of 10, one smash from his sword would cleave a human in two.
#10replicantPosted 5/2/2012 1:19:51 AM
Norn look beasty.
---
Bear "replicant" Powell
"I am Shaolin-Style!"