Penny Arcade said it best

#41Weltall ZeroPosted 5/2/2012 10:53:21 AM
People have different tastes. I usually disagree with PA's opinions but still love the comic and writeups. I think respect and understanding of other people's opinions as valid is part of being a mature person.

Of course, I say that, then I read someone saying GW2 is ugly, and my mind becomes a giant blank for a second.
---
Complexity is not depth.
#42im_boredPosted 5/2/2012 10:58:04 AM(edited)
The problem is if all those games combined EA would still destroy the product.

Also, I never really felt like SW:ToR was all that immersive (the story was alright but all the decision making and dark side / light side stuff was shallow and had a tacked on feeling which killed it for me).
I never really felt like TERA was all that fun to play either, they have nice visuals (reminded me of a Final Fantasy rip-off though) and the combat is alright, but somehow I expected more. After playing it for a bit it felt like the same old MMO except more polished.

I think it just boils down to a lot of people don't want the traditional MMO experience and GW2 is offering something different in many aspects.
---
I'm not your bro, bro.
#43EmptyBladePosted 5/2/2012 10:58:55 AM(edited)
Weltall Zero posted...
People have different tastes. I usually disagree with PA's opinions but still love the comic and writeups. I think respect and understanding of other people's opinions as valid is part of being a mature person.

Lol, because PA always respects the opinions of others.
#44rvnenderPosted 5/2/2012 10:58:45 AM
Oh_Boy_ posted...
rvnender posted...

you said GW2 was absolute crap a few days ago on the TOR board, but your point stands.

Can I not change my mind? Having played the beta, I actually started to like the game.
---
"Not everybody has tube TVs without input lag. Tube TVs now banned online" -Maverick_McCain in reply to why turbo is frowned upon
#45rvnenderPosted 5/2/2012 10:59:55 AM
Milso posted...

ScorpeX posted...

Fanboi rating in this topic is off the scale!

Or you know.. People like THIS game and not those other ones?
Apparently, everyone on this board is either a fanboy or a troll. Calm down with the arbitrary name calling.

For a second there I thought I was on the ToR boards, cause thats exactly how people are on there.
---
"Not everybody has tube TVs without input lag. Tube TVs now banned online" -Maverick_McCain in reply to why turbo is frowned upon
#46SteadySharkPosted 5/2/2012 11:04:58 AM
TBH, I think GW2 is more like other MMOs than the original GW was.

However, I also believe GW2 is going to a lot better than the original GW when it's refined and released.
---
GT/PSN = SteadiestShark - 3DS: 3866-8210-5918
SFxT - Julia, Guile. http://steadiestshark.wordpress.com/
#47dekouPosted 5/2/2012 11:06:58 AM
rvnender posted...
Guild Wars 2 won't have any end game, never mind an end game raid. And the dungeons will be pointless since gear doesn't matter. So basically, once you get cap in GW2, its all about pvp, and thats it.

People also play games because it's fun and challenging. That's the reason many like GW1. If you stop playing that game after you get the best gear stats wise, you'll only get 15 hours of gameplay out of it.
#48rvnenderPosted 5/2/2012 11:07:43 AM
SteadyShark posted...

However, I also believe GW2 is going to a lot better than the original GW when it's refined and released.

OT: Arent you on the SF4 boards?
---
#49SteadySharkPosted 5/2/2012 11:10:53 AM

SteadyShark posted...

OT: Arent you on the SF4 boards?

Why yes, yes I am...well, was anyway.

Guild Wars 2 won't have any end game, never mind an end game raid. And the dungeons will be pointless since gear doesn't matter. So basically, once you get cap in GW2, its all about pvp, and thats it.

There were a fair few end-game dungeons in GW1, actually. As well as many hard-mode areas that people ran for rares/challenge purposes.
---
GT/PSN = SteadiestShark - 3DS: 3866-8210-5918
SFxT - Julia, Guile. http://steadiestshark.wordpress.com/
#50markyvarsityPosted 5/2/2012 11:20:35 AM
can't wait for 1 month after release when everyone is at endgame and start to say that this game is boring and a disappointment.