Wait, Conquest will be the only type of organized PvP at launch?

#1o___OkamiPosted 5/2/2012 8:07:42 AM
Very dissapointing....
I do not think Guild Wars would have been nearly as popular if it only launched with Team Arenas and Random Arenas. Heroe's Accent and GvG pretty much defined the life and blood of people who preferred PvP over PvE which was the main draw of the original.
---
I used to play Skyrim but then I took a patch to the knee.
#2bertoklepperPosted 5/2/2012 8:11:37 AM

Well think about it when a new mmo comes how many Types or bg do they have ? just saying

#3doctorofwhoPosted 5/2/2012 8:12:40 AM
Yes, they explained why they chose this on the official GW2 forums but the key point is of course at LAUNCH :)
---
http://zeroexpectation.com/
#4o___Okami(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 8:14:39 AM
bertoklepper posted...
Well think about it when a new mmo comes how many Types or bg do they have ? just saying

Guild Wars had 4.
---
I used to play Skyrim but then I took a patch to the knee.
#5Oh_Boy_Posted 5/2/2012 8:16:14 AM
doubt you'll make as much of a splash on this board, just saying.
#6bertoklepperPosted 5/2/2012 8:16:32 AM

Well you havve only Conquest here really don't see any problems with that

#7doctorofwhoPosted 5/2/2012 8:18:46 AM

bertoklepper posted...

Guild Wars had 4.

GW was also not an MMO nor was it as big as GW2 is.
---
http://zeroexpectation.com/
#8LordlyRavenPosted 5/2/2012 8:20:43 AM
WvW
---
Honey, I don't know what you are. For all I know, you could be some fat dude sitting in a stim chair with his **** hanging out.
#9dekouPosted 5/2/2012 8:26:06 AM(edited)
I don't like it, either. On the other hand, Conquest/Domination is my favorite type of PvP, so it doesn't bother me THAT much.

It looks like they're focusing on WvW. I didn't "get" it when I played the beta, but looks like it could be fun. I suppose it's not really organised and more similar to semi-PvP modes like AB.
#10DrPiratePosted 5/2/2012 8:25:16 AM
I agree that it's disappointing. But eh, I'll settle for less PvP if it means more time to polish the game itself.
---
you can't take the sky from me...