Norn starting area

#1JaydubewwPosted 5/2/2012 11:32:08 AM
Well, I'm a bit confused on how the personal quests start for the norn. After that worm thing you had to help the three or so animals. I never finished the three animal quests because I was always to low of a level to finish them as my character.

Do the personal stories start after that? Or am I just terrible at the norn starting area? The Charr starting area had me leveling up way faster.
#2koroko_korobasePosted 5/2/2012 11:34:26 AM
Wait, what? You just had to follow the green arrow/star. You only had to help one spirit animal to continue on, then go back into Hoelbrak.
#3Jaydubeww(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 11:57:17 AM
Oh really? Maybe I was to absorbed in the DE's to notice the green arrow for the norn. I thought you had to finish all of those animal quests to continue on. Now that I think about it, maybe it was my OCD kicking in to finish all those before continuing... dang.
#4MusashiExtraPosted 5/2/2012 12:02:24 PM
Don't blame you. Norn story is pretty bad. Charr was great and Human was decent. Norn was just silly. "You killed a rabbit in a cage with a lot of help, so now you're a hero!" Never mind that someone else managed to CAPTURE that same wurm with no problems.
---
The shining light in the darkness...
Isn't it awful... to have wings... and not know how to use them... | Tega.
#5Witch ElfPosted 5/2/2012 12:15:45 PM
Well, all the starting areas have a split personal story based upon your decisions. It basically comes in two phases and they're each dependent upon what you chose in your biography.

For example, if you were human, and you chose a commoner background, the first half of the personal story would focus on that and would be different from someone who picked Nobility. Likewise, that would then further split into what you had decided was your greatest regret.

These stories then converge back into a point for a while--most likely the first dungeons or so--and around level 30, the stories split into three parts where you decide which faction you wish to join to handle the dragons (The Vigil, The Durmond Priory, or The Order of Whispers).

There are three types of missions to do in GW2: Dynamic Events, which happen in world with or without your participation. There's area Hearts, and then there are the story missions, highlighted by the green stars.
---
"Aw, what did they do to Jenny?" - The Darkness
#6LtRickGreyPosted 5/2/2012 12:20:09 PM
While the norn story may not be for everyone it's far from stupid. And how the hell were you to low a level to do a level 4 quest during the weekend?

The norn story starts with the wurm as a sign of your strength, think of it as a trial. Because that's what it is. The rest is building up to dealing with the sons of svanir, which are the norn fanatics of the ice dragon.
#7Jaydubeww(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 12:38:26 PM
LtRickGrey posted...
While the norn story may not be for everyone it's far from stupid. And how the hell were you to low a level to do a level 4 quest during the weekend?

I had other characters too you know? I also had very little time to play. I simply came here to ask if I had missed something, and I had.

This is my first 'real' mmo of this type, and whats the problem with a DE stomping all over me? I guess I'm not a 'skilled' mmo player as you are. sheesh.
#8AmuseumPosted 5/2/2012 1:00:03 PM
I thought the Norn story was pretty cool. Generally I don't care for tree-hugging stuff, but somehow Norn made me care. Then you encounter the Sons of Svanir, ya it became more epic. (Coincidentally I explored the save points in Wayfarer Hills just in time for the end-of-beta event.)
---
5-suited Draw Poker for Android http://goo.gl/KhmXi 5-suited Solitaire for Android http://goo.gl/wXwlJ
http://shenafu.com/imgd/randomart/comic_bc.png
#9MusashiExtraPosted 5/2/2012 3:56:48 PM
The level is just recommended. You don't need to be anywhere need that level to do it. I was never more than level 14 when I started the level 19 ones.
---
The shining light in the darkness...
Isn't it awful... to have wings... and not know how to use them... | Tega.