Different Areas in BWE

#1whichonespink73Posted 5/5/2012 10:08:04 AM

Since there were bugs specifically tied to some of the storylines (i.e. no voice overs), do you think the next BWE will be only Asura and Sylvari so that we can test out different regions, characters, and quests while also keeping away from the same PvE content to keep the beta from being the same quests and stories as last time?

#2koroko_korobasePosted 5/5/2012 10:09:32 AM
I hope not. I don't want to spoil THAT much of the game for me.
#3CruxisInhibitorPosted 5/5/2012 10:24:58 AM
Betas aren't free trails meant to familiarize YOU with the game, they are meant to give large numbers of people access to an unfinished product in order to test for quality assurance and bugs. Believe me, they are not concerned with showing you different things each beta and i would be surprised if we even got to play Asura or Sylvari before launch.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
Currently Playing: Okami, DQIX,Twilight Princess, FFTA2
#4SW_FFXIfanPosted 5/5/2012 10:30:37 AM
koroko_korobase posted...

I don't get how people can call it spoiling. You're just getting a taste of it early. It's not like theyre just telling you the storylines without letting you experience it, THAT is spoiling it. Not letting you watch the first 20mins of a movie, or read the first 100 pages of a book.
---
LoL IGN: Butch Magnus
#5whichonespink73(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 10:41:04 AM

The way I see it, ANet will only help themselves by opening up the two other stories (even though it wil make for less surprise at launch, I recognize it) because then people will look for bugs and provide feedback in the same way that they did it for the three areas we have seen thus far. From that perspective, I think it makes sense. More areas, different bugs, more feedback, better GW 2

#6havok718Posted 5/5/2012 1:11:35 PM

Then just pvp the entire time.
#7koroko_korobasePosted 5/5/2012 1:18:31 PM
Even if I did, these boards would be talking about the new content they were able to participate in. I wouldn't anyway, because I'm not looking forward to just PvPing all day everyday like others. I find the PvE more enjoyable.
#8random_noobiePosted 5/5/2012 2:47:30 PM
whichonespink73 posted...
Since there were bugs specifically tied to some of the storylines (i.e. no voice overs), do you think the next BWE will be only Asura and Sylvari so that we can test out different regions, characters, and quests while also keeping away from the same PvE content to keep the beta from being the same quests and stories as last time?

i don't think they'll let us into the asura/sylvari zones.

i do know, however, they're apparently letting in select press into the asura/sylvari zones to test them out and find bugs.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#9Ish_basicPosted 5/5/2012 5:30:43 PM
random_noobie posted...
whichonespink73 posted...

i don't think they'll let us into the asura/sylvari zones.

i do know, however, they're apparently letting in select press into the asura/sylvari zones to test them out and find bugs.

yep. The article in the recent GI is all about the writer's experience with his Sylvari guardian in PvE. Would have actually preferred to play through the last beta as a Syl. Know so little about them.
#10CrysianiaPosted 5/6/2012 10:50:26 AM
Honestly id make the next bwe the same races to demonstrate all the fixes that I would have done and they have hopefully done.. and iron out and optimise it further.

BWE after that then id remove the first 3 areas and introduce the last 2 so everything gets covered. It is beta afterall, for bug testing.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul