Your mouse.

#1chiarorabbitPosted 5/6/2012 12:59:36 PM
I'm looking into getting my first gaming mouse and I wanted to know which ones you guys might recommend for me. Right now I'm leaning towards the Razer Naga Hex.

If any of you use or have used this mouse can you let me know why you like or don't like it? Also would this be a solid mouse to start with ?

Money is not a problem (secret brag topic) so let me know what I should get.

Thanks!
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 5/6/2012 1:04:18 PM
With the amount of skills, any 5 button mouse will be fine. lol

Hell, a 5 buck mouse will work..
---
2700K @ 4.5ghz(1.28v) | Sapphire 7970 Crossfire @ 1125/1500 | Samsung 830 SSD | 8GB Sniper | 500R | Corsair 850AX | Windblowz 7 Pro
#3bushelsPosted 5/6/2012 1:21:20 PM
5 skills from weapon
1-4 F skills (profession based)
1 key for swapping weapons
3 utility skills
1 elite skill
1 dodge
1 jump
X keys for convenience (reply, select nearest enemy, etc.)

And I am probably forgetting a few. Yeah, if you're not into using modifiers (shift+X), a Naga would be a decent idea. That or switching to ESDF. Granted, hotkey modifiers aren't in the game yet for some reason, although I am hoping it is an oversight and they'll be added before release.
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 5/6/2012 1:37:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5MBO-SephyPosted 5/6/2012 1:39:16 PM
bushels posted...
5 skills from weapon
1-4 F skills (profession based)
1 key for swapping weapons
3 utility skills
1 elite skill
1 dodge
1 jump
X keys for convenience (reply, select nearest enemy, etc.)

And I am probably forgetting a few. Yeah, if you're not into using modifiers (shift+X), a Naga would be a decent idea. That or switching to ESDF. Granted, hotkey modifiers aren't in the game yet for some reason, although I am hoping it is an oversight and they'll be added before release.

You don't need a mouse for all those, do you?
At least I know I don't...
#6TaijouroukunPosted 5/6/2012 1:56:27 PM
just ordered the naga hex yesterday.

you don't "need" a gaming mouse unless you're going into tournament or something. but i think a few extra button on the mouse will help tremendously.
#7EmptyBladePosted 5/6/2012 1:59:25 PM
chiarorabbit posted...
I'm looking into getting my first gaming mouse and I wanted to know which ones you guys might recommend for me. Right now I'm leaning towards the Razer Naga Hex.

If any of you use or have used this mouse can you let me know why you like or don't like it? Also would this be a solid mouse to start with ?

Money is not a problem (secret brag topic) so let me know what I should get.

Thanks!

As I said in the other thread, I don't like the ergonomics of the naga hex, the six side buttons are too close to you so you have to curl your thumb a lot to hit them, and the resting position in the center is not comfortable.

I prefer the razer mamba, only a total of 7 buttons, but they are all ergonomically easy to hit.
#8_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 5/6/2012 2:04:32 PM
Why the negativity. In practically any MMO a couple of extra buttons on the mouse can come in handy. Sure, it is not necessary to have an "MMO mouse". But with 5 weapon skills, up to 4 profession skills, a heal an elite skill, dodge, interact/finish, tab target and 3 utility skills you could argue that you need more keybinds for active combat in this game then most other MMO's. What other MMO needs 15 non-optional keybinds right of the bat?

Now back to the actual question of the OP. I have not used the mouse but I have held it, and the first thing that stood out to me is how small the mouse was. As a palm grip user with fairly large hands I felt that it was much too small for me to comfortably be able to use. Of course, if you use another grip or have smaller hands, this can also be an advantage. The buttons feel nice and give satisfying click. The force needed to register a key press seems perfect. The real deal breaker for me (with all Razer's MMO mice) is the sensor. The mouse uses the Philips Twin Eye sensor which comes with a number of issues. Whether this matters for you depends on the type of games you play and your gaming habits. I play a lot of FPS and play them on very low sensitivity. This tends to amplify any problem a gaming sensor may have because you do a lot of fast long sweeps ( so acceleration issues are always noticeable) and you lift the mouse a lot. The latter is where the Philips twin eye has the biggest problems. But this is something you should decide for yourself whether it matters.
---
I5 760 | MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II | 8GB 1600MHz | WD 1TB 7200Rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Logitech G500
#9Silent-N-DeadlyPosted 5/6/2012 2:07:19 PM
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900

thats my mouse.... way better than naga hex, this one has more buttons
---
PSN: Silent-N-Deadly
#10Silent-N-DeadlyPosted 5/6/2012 2:09:03 PM
naza hex sucks it doesnt feel good pressing the buttons, get the normal razer naga, the one with 12 buttons on the side its excellent at every computer game, I map keys to my mouse when I play fps, mmo or rts any game, but this mouse is expensive but super worth it
---
PSN: Silent-N-Deadly