GW2 Endgame

#1Diogo_SkyfusionPosted 5/9/2012 11:46:54 AM(edited)
For those doubting the potential of this game's endgame content, especially because it's lacking a raiding system, here's a list of what we can expect. To keep in mind that this is all on paper, and no one knows how well it'll work once we're playing it.

1) Personal storyline: incentives the player to create new characters. Should keep role-players and story-driven players going.

2) Dynamic Events: end-game for casual players.

3) Dungeons: end-game for hardcore players or for those who want prestige (cooler-looking armor).

4) Achievements and titles: end-game for those who love prestige. Also incentives the player to create more than one character.

5) World versus World: large pvp for casual players and for guilds.

6) Conquest PvP: small pvp for casual players and for competitive players.

7) Expansions: they'll expand everything mentioned above.
---
http://diogo-als.blogspot.com/
^^ My blog (em Portugues)
#2Cool_new_namePosted 5/9/2012 12:13:07 PM
And since there is no subscription fee there is nothing wrong with taking a break from playing.
I still log in to GW1 after every skill update just to make and test new builds.
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 5/9/2012 12:16:48 PM
That seems great, but questing and dungeons are not end game, you get those in any MMORPG when you create a character, lol...

You also get PVP and achievements in most other MMOs from day one, so I fail to see your point. It really just seems like a single-player RPG with some multiplayer, once you hit lvl 80 you beat the game and have reason to keep playing it any longer.
---
2700K @ 4.5ghz(1.28v) | Sapphire 7970 Crossfire @ 1125/1500 | Samsung 830 SSD | 8GB Sniper | 500R | Corsair 850AX | Windblowz 7 Pro
#4NofoundationPosted 5/9/2012 12:32:18 PM
Diogo_Skyfusion posted...

1) Personal storyline: incentives the player to create new characters. Should keep role-players and story-driven players going.

Though we could debate a great many things you've posted, I'd just like to ask how creating a brand new character is end game? It's always been my understanding that being level 1 would be the opposite of end game.

If alts are an endgame bullet point, you don't have a good endgame.
#5WarBeaglePosted 5/9/2012 12:37:18 PM(edited)
This is always the laziest endgame activity developers try and use to BS players. Its lazy every time its used - doesn't matter whether its GW2, WoW, SWTOR or any other MMO.

2) Dynamic Events: end-game for casual players.
That's actually a good way to put it. Still, its something people have been doing since level 1.

3) Dungeons: end-game for hardcore players or for those who want prestige (cooler-looking armor).
Dungeons aren't considered "hardcore" in any other MMO. Players have been doing dungeons since level 30.

4) Achievements and titles: end-game for those who love prestige. Also incentives the player to create more than one character.
This could possibly be the only form of prestige in a PvE system that forces everyone to remain at the same level stat wise.

5) World versus World: large pvp for casual players and for guilds.
Yes

6) Conquest PvP: small pvp for casual players and for competitive players.
Yes

7) Expansions: they'll expand everything mentioned above.
That's all well and good, but "expansions" are not a form of endgame. Are you saying that thinking about what the next expansion is going to be is what players should do once they hit 80?

If alts are an endgame bullet point, you don't have a good endgame.

Excellent point. You know you're in trouble when this is towards the top of an endgame features list.
---
The above statement is an opinion. Deal with it.---
Hatefact: non-PC statement that happens to be true.
#6Cool_new_namePosted 5/9/2012 12:42:28 PM(edited)
WarBeagle the dungeons are said by developers to be quite difficult.
And they are the only way to acquire specific elite armours and weapons.
So only the most hardcore players are going to do dungeon runs apart from the story instance of a dungeon, which is said to be a lot easier than the explorable versions.

Introductory story version of dungeon - Pretty much everybody who PvEs will do them.
The 3 aftermath versions of a dungeon - Not many people will be able to finish those.
Dungeon token grinds - I highly doubt anyone but OCDs will do it. XD
#7george43Posted 5/9/2012 12:40:22 PM
I'm not worried about end game.

Guild Wars 1 wasn't considered raiding game, but the underworld kept players coming back for ectoplasms and drops for armor right from the get go.

GW1 when you add in all the expansions it ended up having tons of end game content that even today are still hard as all hell.
#8ZenithiaPosted 5/9/2012 12:42:08 PM
I'm not worried at all about endgame. I already know I'll be playing this game for years.
---
~Guely
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 5/9/2012 12:42:09 PM
george43 posted...
I'm not worried about end game.

Guild Wars 1 wasn't considered raiding game, but the underworld kept players coming back for ectoplasms and drops for armor right from the get go.

GW1 when you add in all the expansions it ended up having tons of end game content that even today are still hard as all hell.

GW1 board is that way --->
---
2700K @ 4.5ghz(1.28v) | Sapphire 7970 Crossfire @ 1125/1500 | Samsung 830 SSD | 8GB Sniper | 500R | Corsair 850AX | Windblowz 7 Pro
#10NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 5/9/2012 12:42:45 PM
WarBeagle posted...

Dungeons aren't considered "hardcore" in any other MMO. Players have been doing dungeons since level 30.

Dungeons aren't considered hardcore in any other MMO because they're rendered obsolete by gear progression. GW2 doesn't appear to have this problem.