The reality comes crashing down...

#1ZombieAkanePosted 5/11/2012 11:04:53 AM
So I was extremely hyped for GW2 last year December. I quit WoW around then so I really needed something to replace it with. But I gave up on MMORPG's because GW2 took so long to come out.

Anyways I got hyped and now I watched beta videos and the reality is not as good as they made it sound.

Looking at 'dynamic event scaling'. This really interested me but watching a video on youtube of it kinda spoiled it for me. So much that I stopped the video because I did not want to ruin my perfect image of GW2 I had built up.

The dynamic events video I saw only did this.

More people so more mobs spawn and they get stronger :(

I dunno, the more I watch GW2 videos the more I realize I've already done it all in WoW. I need a new game to surpass WoW, I need to break away from that. I need something to exceed it.

:(
---
i5 2500k@4ghz | MSI Radeon 6990 | 8GB DDR3 | Antec Dark Fleet DF-10 | Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
#2_Anticlimactic_Posted 5/11/2012 11:08:19 AM
ZombieAkane posted...
So I was extremely hyped for GW2 last year December. I quit WoW around then so I really needed something to replace it with. But I gave up on MMORPG's because GW2 took so long to come out.

Anyways I got hyped and now I watched beta videos and the reality is not as good as they made it sound.

Looking at 'dynamic event scaling'. This really interested me but watching a video on youtube of it kinda spoiled it for me. So much that I stopped the video because I did not want to ruin my perfect image of GW2 I had built up.

The dynamic events video I saw only did this.

More people so more mobs spawn and they get stronger :(

I dunno, the more I watch GW2 videos the more I realize I've already done it all in WoW. I need a new game to surpass WoW, I need to break away from that. I need something to exceed it.

:(

Agreed, it took longer for me to realize that then it does with most mmo's. But thats what it is, It will be good for anet tho cause they will fill there servers with WoW players. Bad for me because.. i wanna stay as far away from wow players as possible.
#3NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 5/11/2012 11:19:34 AM(edited)
So...what exactly were you expecting?

Especially from videos of an incomplete beta featuring mostly starting area content.
#4ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 11:19:33 AM
NoGaRdKniGht posted...

A game more addicting than WoW.
---
i5 2500k@4ghz | MSI Radeon 6990 | 8GB DDR3 | Antec Dark Fleet DF-10 | Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
#5NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 5/11/2012 11:20:13 AM
ZombieAkane posted...
NoGaRdKniGht posted...

A game more addicting than WoW.

Which is...entirely subjective and you can't really come to that conclusion without playing the game for yourself.
#6LordEphraimPosted 5/11/2012 11:21:45 AM
Games are meant to be played, not to be addicted to/be obligated to play.

If you want an addiction, collect stamps or something.
---
Nobody is perfect.
-Hi, I am Nobody.
#7ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 11:24:11 AM
LordEphraim posted...

It was addicting because it was fun, it took over my world. I would sit in school and draw pictures about it or write stories about it or read lore.

it sucked me in, and I'm generally a 'wtf is a storyline idgaf' type of person especially when it comes to reading walls of text. But WoW did that to me.
---
#8darkjedilinkPosted 5/11/2012 11:26:08 AM
What did you think the DE scaling was? They told us on day one that's what they meant.
---
Resistance is TASTY!
#9LordEphraimPosted 5/11/2012 11:26:17 AM
Then I think you should have said "immersed" . Saying "addicted" when talking about games isn't a very good idea.
---
Nobody is perfect.
-Hi, I am Nobody.
#10zach12_2Posted 5/11/2012 11:43:05 AM
ZombieAkane posted...
LordEphraim posted...

It was addicting because it was fun, it took over my world. I would sit in school and draw pictures about it or write stories about it or read lore.

it sucked me in, and I'm generally a 'wtf is a storyline idgaf' type of person especially when it comes to reading walls of text. But WoW did that to me.

Sounds pathetic...
---
If someone buys a book, then sells that book to another. The publisher gets nothing. The used video game market should work the exact same way.