Will anyone else be joining the underdog?

#1Crimson_SpiderPosted 5/11/2012 11:55:48 AM
Maybe it's just that I like an uphill battle, but I may find myself joining the least popular servers in WvWvW to help them out. Anyone else going to be doing this?
---
Secular Science: Because the smart thing to do is to extrapolate observed phenomena seven orders of magnitude beyond observability for no reason than to do it.
#2zach12_2Posted 5/11/2012 11:57:47 AM
I plan to join the server that:
1. Has fewest 4chan members.
2. Has fewest WoW vets.
3. Has fewest children.

How I can determine what server that is has yet to be determined.
---
If someone buys a book, then sells that book to another. The publisher gets nothing. The used video game market should work the exact same way.
#3FrakkmehPosted 5/11/2012 12:19:25 PM
zach12_2 posted...
2. Has fewest WoW vets.
3. Has fewest children.

Don't know what you have against us lol. If we're gonna be playing GW2 now, that should say something.
#4DrPiratePosted 5/11/2012 12:25:02 PM
Frakkmeh posted...
zach12_2 posted...
2. Has fewest WoW vets.
3. Has fewest children.

Don't know what you have against us lol. If we're gonna be playing GW2 now, that should say something.

You and I, we're scumbags. WoW leaves a taint upon our minds that makes us inferior to other people. Just like the color of my skin.
---
you can't take the sky from me..
#5silentfox4Posted 5/11/2012 1:01:27 PM
No, you showing us that you are coming over to Guild Wars 2 just shows that you are uncommitted. If you are uncommitted then how can I trust you in WvW to hold a keep or build a trebuchet? Exactly, I can't. For all I know you may grow tired of our common server and decide you are somehow going to play for both teams and secretly assassinate all of the keep lords to give your "New" server an advantage. We're on to you and your dirty little antics.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Cl5HesDebiA/T28vDhifTOI/AAAAAAAAAL4/Fw9qNY9osGs/s1600/im-watching-you-meme.gif
#6adgatoPosted 5/11/2012 1:04:24 PM
zach12_2 posted...
2. Has fewest WoW vets.
3. Has fewest children.

I would love to know what server that would be.
#7CruxisInhibitorPosted 5/11/2012 1:08:35 PM
zach12_2 posted...
2. Has fewest WoW vets.
3. Has fewest children.

Let me know when you figure this out.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
Currently Playing: Okami, DQIX,Twilight Princess, FFTA2
#8FrakkmehPosted 5/11/2012 1:17:39 PM
silentfox4 posted...
No, you showing us that you are coming over to Guild Wars 2 just shows that you are uncommitted. If you are uncommitted then how can I trust you in WvW to hold a keep or build a trebuchet? Exactly, I can't. For all I know you may grow tired of our common server and decide you are somehow going to play for both teams and secretly assassinate all of the keep lords to give your "New" server an advantage. We're on to you and your dirty little antics.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Cl5HesDebiA/T28vDhifTOI/AAAAAAAAAL4/Fw9qNY9osGs/s1600/im-watching-you-meme.gif

So someone who has a history of playing the same game for years is uncommitted? Meh, your choice if you'd rather have the unproven random picking up his first MMO.
#9Mytheos777Posted 5/11/2012 1:25:55 PM
From what I understand every 2 weeks they are going to re-match up the servers.

So the 3 worse servers will be together, the top 3 and so forth.

So I suppose you could join the very bottom, but you'd only be going after servers slightly better than yours.

Which is brilliant.

I can only hope they sort servers by good metrics such as population, average peak times, maybe give a scoring system for how long keeps were held, how many were taken/lost, total pvp kills.

And better ones I cant think of in 1min.
#10CruxisInhibitorPosted 5/11/2012 1:32:23 PM
Frakkmeh posted...
silentfox4 posted...

So someone who has a history of playing the same game for years is uncommitted? Meh, your choice if you'd rather have the unproven random picking up his first MMO.

It gets annoying when you see players in beta calling a Ranger a Hunter or whining about lack of mounts. People don't necessarily think WoW vets are bad, it's just really annoying in general to have people coming over to your game with no prior knowledge of the series just because of the hype and eye candy. We GW1 veterans can't help but criticize when we've waited so long for this game, some of us feel like it's trivialized when we have annoying people coming over, saying stuff like listed above, and just not appreciating the game thoroughly like a GW1 player would. It's hard to explain, but think of it this way..If MoP was actually a good, creative idea for an expansion, WoW would see a major influx of new players and then most likely WoW vets would feel the same way about the refugees trivializing their experience by coming over and convoluting the game community.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
Currently Playing: Okami, DQIX,Twilight Princess, FFTA2