Exploration rewards

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Exploration rewards

User Info: JebSkatr2

JebSkatr2
4 years ago#1
This is new to me, might not be to everyone. If you achieve 100% completion in a zone (all waypoints, skillpoints, hearts filled, etc), you get a piece of mail sent to you from the ‘Tyrian Explorers Society’ that contains a weapon, armor, and stack of crafting material, and coins.

Neat.

Full article:
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/10-stress-test-explore-rewarded/

User Info: FaYt2021

FaYt2021
4 years ago#2
Very nice!
Bethesda... what has become of you?

User Info: wildluck

wildluck
4 years ago#3
Nice find.
GW2 : Looking for a crew

User Info: JebSkatr2

JebSkatr2
4 years ago#4
Can't confirm either but it sounds like there's some kind of achievement tied to it as well. If I get on the stress test later tonight I'll try and dig it up.

User Info: Vithar

Vithar
4 years ago#5
cept that in the BWE, I got 3 rewards I couldn't use, Hope they make so that the class can use it. Got a warhorn, A shield and a gun as an Elementalist...:/
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360

User Info: Sir_Burpalot21

Sir_Burpalot21
4 years ago#6
I was so happy when I first launched the game during BWE and noticed the point's of interest on the map.
Now getting 100% can be enjoyable and not be a total scraping chore like GW!
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN

User Info: Duke Darkwood

Duke Darkwood
4 years ago#7
cept that in the BWE, I got 3 rewards I couldn't use, Hope they make so that the class can use it. Got a warhorn, A shield and a gun as an Elementalist...:/

Sell 'em to someone who can use them. They're not bound or anything.
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann

User Info: Dante200X

Dante200X
4 years ago#8
That's kinda cool...
I didn't know about this one either: You can’t trade directly with other players. Instead, you can simply mail the item to them!

That, however, isn't too cool. I mean, mailing an item is alright, but it's a bit inconvenient if they're right next to you...I wonder if there's a mailing fee based on how expensive the item is too :\
"I'm not reading reviews when I can just ask this board." - TormakSaber asking about a Sam & Max game on the TF2 board.

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
4 years ago#9
Nice! I have not tried this. I feel like the exploration is a thing that GW2 nails. You really want to explore and go to all the different parts of the map. I found myself even going to other starting areas finding new way points, points of interest, and skill points, which also all give a decent amount of XP. And with the downleveling, even lower level new maps do not feel completely pointless if you want to do the dynamic events there.
I5 760 | MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II | 8GB 1600MHz | WD 1TB 7200Rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Board Corsair K90 | Mouse Corsair M90

User Info: SpazH3d

SpazH3d
4 years ago#10
I made It my goal to get 100% in wayfarer foothills (Lvl 17 Norn Thief), and I achieved it. :D I got myself a fabulous new pistol, which I sadly didn't get to test. But it had good stats!

This gives the completionist in me a classy boner.
- My vision is augmented
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Exploration rewards

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived