Leaked patch notes after last beta from Reddit

#11yakkacruzPosted 5/20/2012 2:02:01 PM(edited)

Trait tiers?

Can no longer jump if jump state doesn't exist?

Wat?

Does that solve the sleep jump glitch

yes
sounds like they added a default "[state] jump" to everyone and now certain animations will remove it for x period of time, where x = a period of the animation length -- or until switched back on (for looping animations).
---
. . . I'm a genius, not an engineer! - Aramis
#12Witch ElfPosted 5/20/2012 2:02:55 PM
george43 posted...
What are trait tiers?

Presumably, they are dividing the twelve major traits for each line into tiers.

So, for example, if you pick up only ten points in a line, you won't have access to every major trait--you will, in fact, be limited to X number of arbitrarily determined major traits.

If, for example, you're an elementalist and you put ten points into fire, instead of having access to all major traits, you would only have access to, say, Conjurer, Ember's Might, Lava Tomb, and Spell Slinger. If you put twent points in, you gain access to those traits, plus, say, four more. If you put all thirty points in, your last major trait slot can be filled by any.

At least, that's how I would think it would work.
---
"Aw, what did they do to Jenny?" - The Darkness
#13CruxisInhibitorPosted 5/20/2012 2:07:31 PM(edited)
Witch Elf posted...
george43 posted...
What are trait tiers?

Presumably, they are dividing the twelve major traits for each line into tiers.

So, for example, if you pick up only ten points in a line, you won't have access to every major trait--you will, in fact, be limited to X number of arbitrarily determined major traits.

If, for example, you're an elementalist and you put ten points into fire, instead of having access to all major traits, you would only have access to, say, Conjurer, Ember's Might, Lava Tomb, and Spell Slinger. If you put twent points in, you gain access to those traits, plus, say, four more. If you put all thirty points in, your last major trait slot can be filled by any.

At least, that's how I would think it would work.

Sounds logical, i suppose the division would just make for more identity in PvE. Then again, pigeon-holing certain traits to the 30 point mark would make people build in a more linear way. I hope that's not what that means, sounds too limiting.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#14Cool_new_namePosted 5/20/2012 2:08:18 PM
I don't like the sound of trait tiers, if that's what it means. :(
#15scarygrin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 2:11:33 PM
I'm hoping the ranger pet can be swapped while downed to the 2nd pet and swapped again would bring the 1st pet in the downed state.
#16yakkacruzPosted 5/20/2012 2:27:35 PM
well the problem with the current trait system is that I've made around 20 builds now and I haven't put a single trait to 30 points.

most of my builds are different by 5 or 10 points, because spreading them out just gives you SO MUCH utility that investing 30 into one line is usually a bad idea.

10 points into any line can get you an amazing trait and it only costs you 1/7th of your point pool

I just hope they do this WELL. this can go wrong in many ways.
---
#17Nikuma985Posted 5/20/2012 2:28:48 PM
Call me when they give and option to disable the camera smart pivot.

#18CruxisInhibitorPosted 5/20/2012 2:31:51 PM
yakkacruz posted...
well the problem with the current trait system is that I've made around 20 builds now and I haven't put a single trait to 30 points.

most of my builds are different by 5 or 10 points, because spreading them out just gives you SO MUCH utility that investing 30 into one line is usually a bad idea.

10 points into any line can get you an amazing trait and it only costs you 1/7th of your point pool

I just hope they do this WELL. this can go wrong in many ways.

If they've changed it from how it was, the only thing it will do is create an easier time for people to sort out meta builds. It'll make traiting so linear that we'll have a wiki narrow down like 5 possible spreads for each profession. Sounds like they're dulling their own edge. The trait system was the one thing that made PvE progression and identity and now they're gonna limit it to certain build spreads.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#19yakkacruzPosted 5/20/2012 2:37:52 PM

the only thing it will do

I see you're constructive
---
#20_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 5/20/2012 3:06:27 PM
Added actual local chat. (/say)

Thank god. For a game that is all about creating on the fly groups and doing quests with whomever you run into, I thought it was the most stupid thing to not have any sort of proximity based chat. Because of it, no one communicated outside of party chat, local chat and the occasional whisper.
---
I5 760 | MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II | 8GB 1600MHz | WD 1TB 7200Rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Board Corsair K90 | Mouse Corsair M90