Where does the game install to?

#1JirynPosted 6/8/2012 8:09:45 PM(edited)
What directory does this game install into?

I am trying to move it from one system to another.

---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2TDragon777Posted 6/8/2012 8:05:27 PM
From what i understand, there is no installation. You just have those 3-4 files on desktop (of wherever you start up the exe file.)
---
no sig
#3Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 8:07:00 PM
I started it in the downloads folder, but I see no real installation or even folder with data in it.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#4Duke DarkwoodPosted 6/8/2012 9:27:03 PM
It installs to the folder you run the EXE from.

The directions on the forum thread (that the email links you to, for getting the client) specifically state that you should move the file to the folder you want the game in, before running it.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#5r7gerrabbitPosted 6/8/2012 9:32:50 PM
The folder where you run the EXE from.

The game is really only 3 files.

Gw2.dat
Gw2.exe
Gw2.tmp
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#6Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 9:35:22 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...
The folder where you run the EXE from.

The game is really only 3 files.

Gw2.dat
Gw2.exe
Gw2.tmp

Hopefully the final version has a better install.
---
#7r7gerrabbitPosted 6/8/2012 9:36:21 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...

It's the same as Guild Wars 1.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#8Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 9:41:01 PM
r7gerrabbit posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...

I thought GW1 actually installed to a folder location, not the place the exe is.

I have the discs somewhere around here..
---
#9Sc-MasterPosted 6/8/2012 9:44:12 PM
In BWE1 it installed to same location as the exe file. But when i was installing it again for BWE2 it actually showed an option to choose installation directory. Cant remember the default location though
#10GreenMage7Posted 6/8/2012 11:43:07 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
r7gerrabbit posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...

I thought GW1 actually installed to a folder location, not the place the exe is.

I have the discs somewhere around here..

Put those three files into a folder, call it "Guild Wars 2", and put it where you want. There, now you have an installation folder in the exact place you want. Amazing.