New character limit exceeded

#1TheEternalGamerPosted 6/9/2012 2:30:25 PM
I was really looking forward to playing this beta, but I have been sitting in the character creation screen for about an hour. I keep getting the message "New character limit exceeded". I assume it has something to do with the server stability cap. Great forward-planning there, NCSoft. I guess I'll just wait until I can try the game for $20 in about a year.
#2r7gerrabbitPosted 6/9/2012 2:33:06 PM
Here's what you do:

You go to http://forum.guildwars2.com
You log into your account
You click on the "bug" forum
You make a topic politely asking ArenaNet what is going on
They will respond to you, or note the bug

It's a beta. You're supposed to be finding bugs like that and reporting them so it won't happen on release.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#3ThatSageGuyPosted 6/9/2012 2:33:52 PM
Have you tried another server? Some have been full since the start.
---
Twilight is like Soccer, 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it.
#4DraconisRexPosted 6/9/2012 3:28:03 PM
TheEternalGamer posted...
I was really looking forward to playing this beta, but I have been sitting in the character creation screen for about an hour. I keep getting the message "New character limit exceeded". I assume it has something to do with the server stability cap. Great forward-planning there, NCSoft. I guess I'll just wait until I can try the game for $20 in about a year.

We had too move our guild. They changed the server to German.

We just moved. Not a single person came here and cried about how unfair life was.

The consequences are we're on a light server instead of a heavy one. We're trying to PvP, but we're just over-whelmed by the 3-1 numbers so we're losing. Even the 'mostly PvE people, like myself, are jumping into the fray. And we're still losing. It's just a horrible numbers game.

And we're still not running to the servers and crying. We're taking dinner breaks and we'll beat our heads against the wall some more. And we'll do it with out crying about how 'unfair' it is and making silly 'won't buy this game' threats.
---
It's not 2004, stop making excuses...