[Video] - Showing you how to be awesome at the game

#41yakkacruz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 12:07:19 AM
EnjoyMe posted...
I think the point wasn't that there was no variety of skills in the execution, but that it's actually possible to not take damage and kill higher level enemies that you normally wouldn't be able to in other MMOs.

tangentially, yes.

unfortunately, it's best to just tank damage to kill most random mobs I've seen. I haven't gotten past level 15 yet though. I spend most of my time in PvP.

Next beta, I'll have a bunch of PvE challenge videos up.
---
. . . I'm a genius, not an engineer! - Aramis
#42NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 6/11/2012 12:27:51 AM
If you can next BWE, you should try the renown heart in northeastern Gendarren Foothills. Gist of it is that you're supposed to fight monsters for this guy running an arena there to break them in so he can train them. You pick a cage, select a difficulty (Hard spawns a veteran mob), and then you're locked in the cage with them until one of you gets knocked out.

I mention this because the cages are quite small, and you won't be able to kite effectively in them. There also isn't enough room to simply walk out of the way of some of their attacks, so you need to dodge properly in order to survive, and perhaps use some control conditions. Did it with my Hammer/Greatsword Warrior.

Could make for some interesting videos, although I did find that the camera was a little problematic.
#43yakkacruz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 12:36:00 AM
thanks, I'll race over to it next month.
what level were you?
I want to remain underleveled
---
#44iSkadooshPosted 6/11/2012 5:06:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#45darkjedilinkPosted 6/11/2012 6:06:08 AM
Adenocel posted...
These "skill" videos are showing me how much I was spoiled by TERA's combat.

You mean WoW combat minus tab-targetting? Cuz that's pretty much exactly what it is.
---
Resistance is TASTY!
#46_Anticlimactic_Posted 6/11/2012 6:49:50 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Lunacy182 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz is just upset the combat isn't as deep as WoW.

"Check out my elite skills on this boss"

you have the video confused, in this video.. the guy literally pressed a button 4 times..

thats it, lol...

in 44 seconds, that is an avg of 11.3 seconds per 3

Hey, i said they were gonna dumb it down to get them WoW players. No one else is going to happily play with a Tab Target system except for them.
#47NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 6/11/2012 10:03:13 AM
yakkacruz posted...
thanks, I'll race over to it next month.
what level were you?
I want to remain underleveled

Believe I was at least 30 by the time I found that area. Think it's a 26-ish area, and you can access it pretty quickly by going west through Snowden Drifts, the Norn 15-25 area.
#48yakkacruz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 1:17:56 PM(edited)
bleh, I really don't want to wait a month to do that
---
#49ilovemuddingPosted 6/11/2012 2:53:02 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Nice, other than your auto-attack. I believe you used another skill, what? 4 times?

You seriously need to stop feeling sorry for yourself.

The player killed the Veteran Oakheart in melee range without taking damage.

Do you need someone to explain before you mouth off everytime, or can you do some critical thinking on your own?
#50LordAizenSamaPosted 6/11/2012 3:36:36 PM
Adenocel posted...
These "skill" videos are showing me how much I was spoiled by TERA's combat.

Oh god my hatred for that game... but anyway, explain to me how that game is at all skill-based? It just baffles me that anyone could think that game was at all skill-based in any way, at least more-so than any other MMO. Could you by chance link me a video showing me the skill?
---
The Heart.