So should I cancel my pre-purchase?

#1MW3_FanPosted 6/19/2012 10:40:22 AM
I heard good things about arenaNET and how they practice business but then..

"Pre-Purchase offers exclusive benefits"

and then pre order from Amazon.com and other places and you get those exclusive benefits"

and now the dye change..

Its kinda hard to want to trust them now.. especially about the no pay to win items they said would not be in a game cause i cant believe them anymore.. not since they went against things.. not once but twice now.. i dont wanna be playing a game where i have spend more than i would with a monthly sub just to be in the same ball park as another player..

im really thinking of cancelling my prepurchase and wait a good solid 6 months after release to see how this pans out..
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 6/19/2012 10:42:41 AM
Why would you do that? It's only silly things like a ring, beta access and a 3 day headstart or the ability to dye your character or sell them.

It's only bad if it's major problems, not minor things! It's ok for a company to constantly change their mind after making annoucements!
---
#3Lunacy182Posted 6/19/2012 10:57:42 AM
Go for it. I'll be playing this game and having fun so I don't mind what you do.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
PSN/GT: Lunacy182
#4DraconisRexPosted 6/19/2012 11:08:53 AM
Whatever. Nobody cares. If you're going to be this butt-hurt over a small change for a vanity item in a cash shop YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY. You may as well quit now and save yourself the pain and suffering of the GREAT DYE CONSPIRACY.
---
It's not 2004, stop making excuses...
#5zach12_2Posted 6/19/2012 11:11:08 AM
I'm waiting to see if they make the amazon situation equitable. If they don't, then I'll probably bail.
---
The arguing that occurs on the internet is simply the natural state of humanity in a world where stupid people and clever people are allowed to communicate.
#6adgatoPosted 6/19/2012 11:40:04 AM
I wouldn't . However, I got my access through Amazon. If I fully pre-paid I might have a different opinion. I am definately taking a wait-and -see attitude. The thing is, I have been looking forward to GW2 for a long time. There are signs of shiftyness, but it will take a bit more for me not to play.
#7NofoundationPosted 6/19/2012 12:03:13 PM
I had two friends cancel prepurchase and still get into the last beta so there's probably very little reason not to cancel if you're unsure.

You probably still get all the betas, and if you like the way the game looks closer to launch, just pay then. It's not like they won't take your money later, and you lose nothing.
---
"i honestly think it could be a sweep at this point"-Fony predicting the Spurs would sweep OKC (Spurs lost the next 4)
#8RaumosPosted 6/19/2012 12:05:39 PM
You should cancel your prepurchase and then preorder the game from Amazon. That way you don't lose anything major, but are able to cancel your preorder later on with a lot more ease if you decide to go that route. Or just wait to buy it later on. MMOs are sometimes better a month after or so any way since you don't have to deal with launch bugs and can also pick the best server later on.
#9MechachuPosted 6/19/2012 12:10:33 PM
If Gamestop will let me, I am canceling my Collectors editing prepurchase and just getting the regular. The prepurchase thing, the dye thing, and Crystin Cocks spark this decision.
#10asdam_teabagPosted 6/19/2012 1:23:06 PM
I don't care about trusting a gaming company tbh. Im not going to take a hissy fit if they change their mind over something. Im happy to spend the money on the game. I played the BWE and loved it. Thats it.
---
Anne Frank - "We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same."