Why do people hate "gearing up" so much?

#151adgatoPosted 6/26/2012 7:37:21 PM
kKagariNoMore posted...
TiegerJD posted...
adgato posted...
kKagariNoMore posted...
Oh and you'd find most dictionaries say that majority requires one vote or count to be higher than the TOTAL amount cast

Lol how do you have more votes than the total amount of votes cast? What did you actually mean? Or else that is a piss poor dictionary.

Seems they just missed the word "half".

...be higher than "half" the TOTAL amount cast.

I would hope it's just a case of missing a word when typing. Otherwise, yeah, best get a new dictionary.

This. Haha im a bit out of it today it seems

Yeah, I figured that was the case. Just busting your chops a little lol.
#152YamaChan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 8:43:54 PM
meiyuki posted...
So I come back to this thread after work and lets assume the absolute worst about the TC for a moment. Lets assume despite the mostly intelligent posts minus a few the TC is the worst troll on the board, the proper response is sexism? And no one else has a problem with this? This is immature and pathetic. I don't care how much someone love this game if you're adding insults and flames and trolling to the board you're part of the problem and an embarrassment to anyone who's part of this community.

Chill out carebare, I lost my 3 karma okay?

I was only 1 karma away from level 33 too! OMG HOW WILL YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IMPORTANT I AM NOW ? (Who am I? Hint: Starts with Yam)

Also, way to ignore the post I directed at you, specifically quoted you too.

You have nothing intelligent to contribute to any worthwhile discussion, so there's nothing wrong with him ignoring you. I'd rather not waste the time myself, but I do like to humor the few ignoramuses who absolutely crave attention.

You're no different, as is perfectly evident from the fact you keep trying to label me as some karma elitist, when the entire point of my original message is that you're absolutely pathetic for justifying your stance with lines like "I've been posting here TONS for MONTHS maaaan! I know what I'm talking about!"

I think it's absolutely stupid to base any conversation in such a limited and ignorant context as that, but just to play by your established rules for a bit, I mentioned the fact that I've been an active poster far longer than you. I don't treat it as a badge of honor, but based on your flawed logic, it means my word means more than yours.

Not surprised to see that went over your head, much like this topic went over the heads of these overly defensive fanboys. I'm anticipating this game more than any of them and I can see I'm less biased than any of them.
---
"Key which hides the powers of darkness... Show your true power before me. Under the contract, Sakura commands you. Release!!" - Sakura Kinomoto
#153ilovemuddingPosted 6/26/2012 8:50:47 PM
YamaChan posted...
Itemization, min/maxing, playing with numbers and reaching breakpoints to cater to your specific style of play/numerical goals be an extremely engrossing and fun part of character progression.

Not to mention getting badass new shinies has never been a boring experience for me in any game.

People act like this is the cancer killing games, when I've seen it keep a decade old game like Diablo 2: LoD alive and kicking even to this day.

Not all gear grinds are created equal; it doesn't have to be designed like WoW's at all, but contrary to popular belief on this forum, getting the perfect gear for your character, using powerful items, can be fun. Lots of fun.

There is some misinformation here.

There is a gear ladder. You do get better gear as you play.

The whole point Anet is making is that when you get to max level, getting the best gear for your build won't be as time-consuming as as traditional MMOs.

It's obviously not the same as GW1 where you can get max gear very early. And it won't be the same as WoW where you need to have raids on farm status.
#154TheWarhammeronlPosted 6/26/2012 11:19:25 PM(edited)
YamaChan posted...
meiyuki posted...
So I come back to this thread after work and lets assume the absolute worst about the TC for a moment. Lets assume despite the mostly intelligent posts minus a few the TC is the worst troll on the board, the proper response is sexism? And no one else has a problem with this? This is immature and pathetic. I don't care how much someone love this game if you're adding insults and flames and trolling to the board you're part of the problem and an embarrassment to anyone who's part of this community.

I was only 1 karma away from level 33 too! OMG HOW WILL YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IMPORTANT I AM NOW ? (Who am I? Hint: Starts with Yam)

You have nothing intelligent to contribute to any worthwhile discussion, so there's nothing wrong with him ignoring you. I'd rather not waste the time myself, but I do like to humor the few ignoramuses who absolutely crave attention.

You're no different, as is perfectly evident from the fact you keep trying to label me as some karma elitist, when the entire point of my original message is that you're absolutely pathetic for justifying your stance with lines like "I've been posting here TONS for MONTHS maaaan! I know what I'm talking about!"

I think it's absolutely stupid to base any conversation in such a limited and ignorant context as that, but just to play by your established rules for a bit, I mentioned the fact that I've been an active poster far longer than you. I don't treat it as a badge of honor, but based on your flawed logic, it means my word means more than yours.

Not surprised to see that went over your head, much like this topic went over the heads of these overly defensive fanboys. I'm anticipating this game more than any of them and I can see I'm less biased than any of them.

this topic stopped being a worthwhile discussion on like page 2

The only reason I said I have been posting here for months, is because you claim to be an all knowing god on this board, yet had no idea who I was. ( I was in no way bragging about posting here, how is that even brag worthy? That simple fact that you thought it was proves you are a karma elitest, who takes their gamefaqs "career" way too seriously) You can keep calling everyone here fanboys, that doesn't make what you say anymore right.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#155Xeeh_BitzPosted 6/27/2012 2:14:49 AM
TheWarhammeronl posted...
YamaChan posted...
meiyuki posted...

The only reason I said I have been posting here for months, is because you claim to be an all knowing god on this board, yet had no idea who I was. ( I was in no way bragging about posting here, how is that even brag worthy? That simple fact that you thought it was proves you are a karma elitest, who takes their gamefaqs "career" way too seriously) You can keep calling everyone here fanboys, that doesn't make what you say anymore right.

Fanboys carry biased opinions, which are often shrouded between what is real and what is not, often resulting in fallacy. Example, ArenaNet comes out and says they'll charge 15 bucks per month, the fanboys will defend this and say its for the better of the game and the game will be even much better, even tho they was bragging about it not having a subscription. That's just how they work. I'm not saying they are, I used that an example of what to expect out of a fanboy. So by that person calling some of you that, I can see why.
---
#156kKagariNoMorePosted 6/27/2012 2:36:12 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TheWarhammeronl posted...
YamaChan posted...
meiyuki posted...

Fanboys carry biased opinions, which are often shrouded between what is real and what is not, often resulting in fallacy. Example, ArenaNet comes out and says they'll charge 15 bucks per month, the fanboys will defend this and say its for the better of the game and the game will be even much better, even tho they was bragging about it not having a subscription. That's just how they work. I'm not saying they are, I used that an example of what to expect out of a fanboy. So by that person calling some of you that, I can see why.

Lol xh just described himself in a nutshell, i have no idea which imaginary game u are fanboyin for though
#157TwinmoldPosted 6/27/2012 5:32:14 AM
What's funny to me is that for being a self-described troll, Xeeh seems to get more worked up and spend more time here here than anyone else.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf