Physical copies and head start...

#1KirynTheClericPosted 7/1/2012 7:58:55 AM
How is this going to work? Do you just go pick it up from Gamestop (or whatever retailer) when the head start begins or what?
---
Mods saying pokemon reproduction topics aren't related to the game is like saying theory-talk isn't allowed, and yet theory-talk IS allowed. Hmm, go figure...
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/1/2012 8:05:39 AM
The code gets you in for the 3 day headstart..

Then you got 2 days after launch to enter in the retail cd key.

According to the FAQ and another poster
---
#3KirynTheCleric(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 8:19:06 AM
I know what the code does, I prepurchased a while back. I'm talking about obtaining the physical copy, aka the box.
---
Mods saying pokemon reproduction topics aren't related to the game is like saying theory-talk isn't allowed, and yet theory-talk IS allowed. Hmm, go figure...
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/1/2012 8:26:27 AM
The retail copy? I'd assume you pick it up on release date, since they're bound by legal contract to only release it on the 28th. Which is generally how releases always work.
---
#5Dr_NubPosted 7/1/2012 9:16:51 AM
im interested in this as well. when we prepurchase a copy at gamestop/ebgames will there be a hard physical copy to pick up or is it all digital? Cause on the guildwars 2 site for pre-purchase, everything is digital except the $100+ collectors edition.
#6GoredriverPosted 7/1/2012 9:22:35 AM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
The code gets you in for the 3 day headstart..

Then you got 2 days after launch to enter in the retail cd key.

According to the FAQ and another poster

Could you link to this please, Xeeh? I know Amazon has up where they will e-mail the code, although Super Saver Shipping will be a few days after launch to deliver the physical game. Thanks in advance!

: )
#7LizardneckPosted 7/1/2012 9:28:23 AM
Yeah, August 28 is the earliest the game can be picked up from the store. Well, unless the store breaks street date and sells it early.

To answer Dr. Nub's and Goredriver's questions, here's the source, and it's actually 5 days after launch, not 2.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#forty-seven

North America:
When Guild Wars 2 launches, customers will need to return to the retailer with proof of purchase in order to receive the full Standard Edition box and the retail serial code. They'll need to apply this retail serial code to their Guild Wars 2 account within five days of launch to continue playing without interruption.

Europe:
Customers will buy the Standard Edition Pre-Purchase box and receive their serial code. This is the only serial code customers will receive and will grant access to the Beta Weekend Events, three-day Headstart Access, the Hero's Band digital item, and full access to the final live game. Customers will not need to return to the retailer to receive another serial code.

Collector's Edition, regardless of region, is handled the same way as SE in NA.
#8gumplugPosted 7/1/2012 9:29:08 AM
I just spoke with my local gamestop and they mirrored what Xeeh said. If you got a code to get into the BWE's that will also allow you access to the 3-day head start.
---
Unscripted
Life without Fear
#9Dr_NubPosted 7/1/2012 9:53:37 AM
i was also wondering if these characters will be transferred from beta to the actual release game?
#10LizardneckPosted 7/1/2012 9:58:39 AM
There will be a full wipe before the headstart. Everyone will start with a clean slate then.