C/D: You love the new minimap

#1EternalNetherPosted 7/6/2012 10:19:59 PM
For some reason if the minimap is in the shape of a circle (like in Guild Wars 1 and originally in Guild Wars 2) I feel like it belongs in the top right or left corner of the screen. The fact that the GW2 minimap was along the bottom kind of threw me and it felt odd. And it was hard to see. I disliked Aion for many reasons, and that was one of them.

The new map makes it so I spend less time opening my full map and more time actually enjoying the game.
#2CruxisInhibitorPosted 7/6/2012 10:30:58 PM
I actually don't care for the square mini map at all. There are some traditional features that just don't need changing. It just looks wrong aesthetically, i much prefer the other one where it seemed neater on my screen. If i want to open the whole map, i will. I think they should give us the option. I think it was mentioned, not sure if they'll address it.

I think the new map is more helpful, but sacrifices a lot of it's functionality because it's so obtrusive.

D.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#3MBO-SephyPosted 7/6/2012 10:36:51 PM
I don't love it nor hate it.
#4cddumdodoPosted 7/7/2012 1:42:31 AM
I used to use carbonite in wow (addon) and place the rectangular mini map on that spot (I readjusted it to make it rectangular). So it seems fine to me.
#5DarkThespianPosted 7/7/2012 3:42:27 AM
D.

It threw me off, and unlike the first game, there's no HUD customization (or at least, no option to move around the layout). For that matter, are they going to include the option to move UI elements around? I haven't heard anything about that.
---
if I feel like saying something unique, it'll go here
#6TempestMoonPosted 7/7/2012 5:25:04 AM
C

I like the new map. There's more area coverage than you would get with the circle and the ability to resize it is a huge plus.
---
There's a bad moon on the rise
#7TempestMoonPosted 7/7/2012 5:27:32 AM
DarkThespian posted...
For that matter, are they going to include the option to move UI elements around? I haven't heard anything about that.

I'm sure they will, right along with the option to return to the character screen to change without completely logging out.
---
There's a bad moon on the rise
#8DraconisRexPosted 7/7/2012 5:54:22 AM
Really don't care. I will say that in many respects its a much better map as you get more surface area to view and yet, without the border, it doesn't take up as much of my screen. In the end, I barely use minimaps.
---
It's not 2004, stop making excuses...
#9JebSkatr2Posted 7/7/2012 6:30:51 AM
D.

But as long as you can resize it so it is a square and not a rectangle, I am fine with it.

I also didn't realize the option to draw on the mini-map was in the last beta, and didn't take advantage of it.
#10DarkThespianPosted 7/7/2012 6:38:57 AM
I hope they extend how long it takes for what you draw on the map to fade. It makes it difficult to play tic-tac-toe with my party.
---
if I feel like saying something unique, it'll go here