Guild Wars 2 FAQ/GUIDE v3.0 PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

EternalNether
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:13:02 AM
--------------------------
TABLE OF CONTENTS
--------------------------

I. INTRODUCTION
II. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
III. BASIC INFORMATION
IV. RACES, PROFESSIONS, AND STARTING ZONES
V. DYNAMIC EVENTS
VI. BATTLE MECHANICS
VII. PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
VIII. HALL OF MONUMENTS
IX. USEFUL LINKS
X. VERSION HISTORY

-----------------------
I. INTRODUCTION
-----------------------

Welcome! By having access to the internet and knowing enough to visit GameFAQs you should probably already know the bare minimum about Guild Wars 2. The purpose of this guide is to give you the fine details: Everything Guild Wars 2 is, and everything it isn't. Below I'll be covering everything from the absolute basics to the most complex information and mechanics. Use the table of contents above to navigate to the section you want to read about (CTRL+ F, then type in the roman numeral of the section that interests you). This guide is extremely long, and so I recommend you change your message board settings to show 50 posts per topic page for the best viewing/reading experience. If anyone spots something missing that they would like to see added in a future update, please let me know.

--------------------------------------------
II. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
--------------------------------------------

Q: What is Guild Wars 2?
A:
The sequel to the original Guild Wars series. The original series consists of Guild Wars: Prophecies, Guild Wars: Nightfall, Guild Wars: Factions and the only expansion, Guild Wars: Eye of the North. Unlike the original series, this is a full MMO with minimum instancing.

Q: What is the release date?
A:
Initial Launch Date: August 28th, 2012
Pre-Purchase 3-Day Headstart: August 25th, 2012
Pre-Order 1 Day Headstart: August 27th, 2012

Q: Will there be a monthly fee?
A:
No. It's a buy to play game, meaning you buy the retail game and then it's free to play for life. There is a cash shop that will be covered below.

Q: What are the system requirements?
A:
For those of you that don't understand the technical mumbo jumbo and want to see if you can run it, go here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Simply select Guild Wars 2 from the drop down or type it in. For those that do understand the specs and just want to read it from here:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
2 GB RAM or Higher
NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better
25GB Hard Drive Storage

If you've read the requirements here AND tried the website and you still aren't sure you can run the game, feel free to ask (politely!) on the message boards here or the official forums (when those are up and running).

Q: Is there a collector's edition, deluxe edition, etc?
A:
Yes. It retails for $150 USD. There's no way to be sure of how many copies there are/will be, so if you want it, buy it now. For everyone else there's a standard game for $60 USD (both physical and digital) and the Digital Deluxe Edition for $80 USD. If you decide later that you want the digital deluxe items you will be able to purchase an upgrade from the cash shop.

Q: What is the difference between pre-purchase and pre-order?
A:
A pre-purchase means that you have paid for the game in full. If you do this you get the exclusive Hero's Band item, gain access to the final beta weekend event (July 20-22) and gain exclusive access to the 3-Day Headstart. Pre-Order means you've put a specific amount of money down for the game, but haven't paid it off yet. Doing this grants you 1-Day Headstart, but you do not get access to the beta weekends.

PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!

No Action Available

No actions are currently available to you with this message.