The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Top GW1 PvPers comments on GW2 pvp.

#1Mister_BiggiePosted 7/8/2012 7:05:44 PM(edited)
Sorry if this has been posted, but I found this article by searching Guild Wars 2 pvp dumbed down.

I hate to hear most of this, but I agree with it. Regardless I will still be getting the game. It's still a good read.

http://guild-hall.cz/index.php/guild-wars-2-interview/379-hodnoceni-turnajoveho-pvp-v-2bwe-z-pohledu-hra-2-ast?start=1

Sorry if this has been posted before.
---
3DS: 3222 5688 7031
Steam: Ronsonols
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/8/2012 7:07:34 PM
This makes me sad

"Buttonmashing is always bad for esport. The main problem of Gw2 pvp is its core mechanic of buttonmashing."
---
Bacon
#3TempestMoonPosted 7/8/2012 7:22:47 PM
Honestly it sounds more like crybabies who just don't want to change. Some of the things being complained about are just dumb.
---
There's a bad moon on the rise
#4FF4Fan1313Posted 7/8/2012 7:30:29 PM
It's like teamliquid all over again. Great.
---
GW2 - The last time I was this excited for a game was never!
Judge the Catholic Church by its saints, not by its hypocrites.
#5MBO-SephyPosted 7/8/2012 7:32:11 PM
How is it buttonmashing if there are cooldowns?
#6Mister_Biggie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2012 7:36:06 PM
Well maybe, but I also have the opinion that Guild Wars 1 has some of the most in depth PvP in the MMO genre.

Why change something that wasn't broken?
-The only reasons I can think of is to appeal to a wider, dumber, or casual crowd for sells.

-The hardcore PvP community was a steep curve to get into. There was a big gap between RA and GvG. If you didn't know what you was doing, there wasn't really an easy way to bring you into GvG or HoH. I know we didn't train anyone to play with us, or explain the game to them.
---
#7CruxisInhibitorPosted 7/8/2012 7:57:59 PM
Mister_Biggie posted...
Well maybe, but I also have the opinion that Guild Wars 1 has some of the most in depth PvP in the MMO genre.

-The only reasons I can think of is to appeal to a wider, dumber, or casual crowd for sells.

-The hardcore PvP community was a steep curve to get into. There was a big gap between RA and GvG. If you didn't know what you was doing, there wasn't really an easy way to bring you into GvG or HoH. I know we didn't train anyone to play with us, or explain the game to them.

100% Agreed with this, was in the same position in GW1. If you played GW2 PvP and were good at it, you'll see the disparity of depth inbetween the games almost instantaneously. The combat system creates nothing but zerg. The skills aren't nearly as unique and sovereign as they were in GW1. Makes everything very shallow. I hope that changes with coming expansions.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#8Mister_Biggie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2012 8:04:33 PM
CruxisInhibitor posted...
Mister_Biggie posted...

100% Agreed with this, was in the same position in GW1. If you played GW2 PvP and were good at it, you'll see the disparity of depth inbetween the games almost instantaneously. The combat system creates nothing but zerg. The skills aren't nearly as unique and sovereign as they were in GW1. Makes everything very shallow. I hope that changes with coming expansions.

I don't think they will change the skill set, I really don't see that happening. Maybe it's the fanboy in me, but I'm hoping they will add us some well crafted, dynamic, in depth, and strategic battlegrounds.
---
#9TaijouroukunPosted 7/8/2012 8:05:33 PM
Mister_Biggie posted...

it is in fact to appeal to a bigger audience. i love gw1, but some of the greatest things about gw1 are too difficult to get into unless you are really dedicated to learn. not saying it's a good or bad thing, but dedication is a rare trait in people. it's difficult to appreciate what's great about gw1.

the more complicated something is, the fewer people will understand it. that's just the way it is.
#10Witch ElfPosted 7/8/2012 8:09:56 PM
I lol'd.

"In our experience, from playing a few hours in the BWE in which we knew nothing about and spent most of it fighting people who also didn't know what they were doing, we have come to the conclusion that GW2 is not GW1 and therefor, sucks.
---
"Aw, what did they do to Jenny?" - The Darkness