WvWvW/server size dilema:

#1GoredriverPosted 7/10/2012 5:10:40 PM
OK, I want to get other's thought on this:

If I roll on a nearly-full server at launch, I'm likely to be able to have guilds to join that will be into WvWvW... but there may be too many players queued up to get in very often.

If I roll on a medium-low pop server, I might run the risk of not enough people or guilds playing WvWvW, which might cause a feedback loop of getting stuck in loser-tier matchups and noone wanting to play it... I worry a server may then self-identify itself as the "We suck at/we don't WvW".

What say you, community?
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/10/2012 5:13:19 PM
Join high population one, a month after release there should not be any wait for WvW after people move on to the next game.
---
Bacon
#3LizardneckPosted 7/10/2012 5:26:03 PM
High population. There are four WvW maps, and I have yet to see all four on a full server be full. If the one you want to be on is full, you can enter a queue and continue to play wherever you currently are until your turn comes up. You aren't forced to stare at your monitor twiddling your thumbs while waiting.
#4MBO-SephyPosted 7/10/2012 5:54:14 PM
There's a limit of players per team in WvW? I never even knew.
#5cddumdodoPosted 7/10/2012 6:01:53 PM
MBO-Sephy posted...

The limit for WvW was 500 per servers back in march so 1500 for all 3.
The number could have been increased or decreased by now.
#6Witch ElfPosted 7/10/2012 7:50:55 PM
MBO-Sephy posted...

There's supposed to be a limit of 150 players per side in each map (give or take).

However, Anet has declined to enforce it, at least in the first couple of BWE's.

So you'd end up with servers with a couple hundred people in WvW, and then two other sides with maybe a couple scores each.
---
"Aw, what did they do to Jenny?" - The Darkness