The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Useless animations i wish this game had.

#1Zelda_wood_elfPosted 7/15/2012 1:17:12 PM(edited)
Map animation:so instead of thinking your friend is afk u can see that they are looking at the map.

Pretty helpful because if someone pulls out there map I know I don't have to lol.

Inventory bag animation:should show characters actually looking through there bag.
How cool would it be for someone to trade u something and u actually see them rummage through their bag before they do it?!

Crafting animations: I believe the only craft that has a animation right now is the wood working and mining. Cutting down a tree or hitting a rock. I want all crafts to have a animation it just makes they game seem more lively.

Example u are in the starting city and 5 people are standing by a npc just standing there u might presume they are afk.

{Now let's take that same example and add in crafting animations, bam u can see they are not afk and are actually crafting,cooking or working on equipment and such.
^with this information u could even ask one who is working on armor to make u something that u have the mats for and that u will pay for his service}.

That is just one example how more lively and helpful crafting animations are!

There are plenty of cool little animations that could be added to help people know that others are not afk.

If a magic based class is adjusting skills and traits I should see a elementalist holding magic in their hand and focusing on it trying to decide what it is they want to be.

If a melee based class is adjusting skills and traits I should see them making their weapons sharp or something.

I wish this game had classed based taunts at least 1 for every class.
Necromancer -should stand beside the grim reaper or make a skeleton dance.
Elementalist-should play with fire or any other random element.
Thief-a pickpocket animation or a really sneaky walking animation.(maybe playing with daggers or wiping blood off of them?)
Warrior- a raise weapon up and do I battle cry or a sharpening blade animation

Back to the topic there are plenty of things we do in mmorpg games and if we are not afk the game should acknowledge that.
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/15/2012 12:48:40 PM
I'd like to have a /dance animation
---
Bacon
#3CruxisInhibitorPosted 7/15/2012 12:49:50 PM
Zelda_wood_elf posted...
Map animation:so instead of thinking your friend is afk u can see that they are looking at the map.

Pretty helpful because if someone pulls out there map I know I don't have to lol.

Inventory bag animation:should show characters actually looking through there bag.
How cool would it be for someone to trade u something and u actually see them rummage through their bag before they do it?!

Crafting animations: I believe the only craft that has a animation right now is the wood working and mining. Cutting down a tree or hitting a rock. I want all crafts to have a animation it just makes they game seem more lively.

Example u are in the starting city and 5 people are standing by a npc just standing there u might presume they are afk.

Now let's take that same example and add in crafting animations, bam u can see they are not afk and are actually crafting,cooking or working on equipment and such.
^with this information u could even ask one who is working on armor to make u something that u have the mats for and that u will pay for his service.

<--------- WoW is that way.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
i5 2500k ASRock E3/G3 Radeon HD7850 650W 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
#4night8388Posted 7/15/2012 12:51:56 PM
Neat idea. Worth proposing it as a feedback, link:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Guild_Wars_2_suggestions
#5darkace77450Posted 7/15/2012 12:52:53 PM
A "sitting in chairs/on benches" animation would be nice.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Guild Wars has an animation where your character physically opens and studies a map while you've got your map open on your UI; hopefully this game has that as well (or maybe it is in the game and I'm erroneously attributing it its predecessor).
#6adgatoPosted 7/15/2012 12:53:07 PM
Zelda_wood_elf posted...

Now let's take that same example and add in crafting animations, bam u can see they are not afk and are actually crafting,cooking or working on equipment and such.
^with this information u could even ask one who is working on armor to make u something that u have the mats for and that u will pay for his service.

None of that would add anything to the game for me. Probably be more annoying than helpful or interesting. More idle animations might be cool though.
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/15/2012 12:53:37 PM
CruxisInhibitor posted...
Zelda_wood_elf posted...

<--------- WoW is that way.

LOL, I hope you are being sarcastic.
---
Bacon
#8Zephyr_LeePosted 7/15/2012 12:55:57 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Jesus dude really

They already said most emotes wouldn't be included in the beta
#9NoGaRdKniGhtPosted 7/15/2012 12:56:32 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if crafting animations made it in by BWE3 like /dance did.
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/15/2012 12:57:03 PM
Zephyr_Lee posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Jesus dude really

They already said most emotes wouldn't be included in the beta

Probably will not be in release either.

After 5 years of development, you'd think they could add /Dance!
---
Bacon