You know whats going to ruin this game?

#11GoredriverPosted 7/16/2012 7:28:29 PM
ChronoAce posted...
The WoW players.

First, I am a WoW player myself. However a lot of the WoW crowd loves grindy mindless endgame type stuff, which I do too. But I can understand that GW2 is not really a "PvE raiding endgame" type of deal.

I predict the WoW crowd will hit level cap within 24 hours and then whine on the forums that there's nothing to do and it will give the illusion that this is a bad game. They pulled the same stunt with Diablo 3.

LOL, WoW players will be the slowest levelers, they will stupidly be just grinding mobs and hearts and wondering why they are behind the curve.
#12yakkacruzPosted 7/16/2012 7:31:32 PM
ChronoAce posted...
The WoW players.

First, I am a WoW player myself. However a lot of the WoW crowd loves grindy mindless endgame type stuff, which I do too. But I can understand that GW2 is not really a "PvE raiding endgame" type of deal.

I predict the WoW crowd will hit level cap within 24 hours and then whine on the forums that there's nothing to do and it will give the illusion that this is a bad game. They pulled the same stunt with Diablo 3.

D3 was bad. I'm not even a WoW player and I can tell you that.

you've never played a bad game
---
. . . I'm a genius, not an engineer! - Aramis
#13pies12Posted 7/16/2012 7:42:54 PM
The only reason you can't "beat" WoW's raiding in that amount of time is because of cooldowns and the RNG involved in droprates.

You could easily get to cap in a day and complain about nothing to do besides wait on raid cooldowns....oh wait.

Plenty of people "beat" WoW. My guild was 20 manning H LK 25 and selling the other 5 spots. I was getting alts carried through farm content then selling the character when they were geared. Made a couple grand out of it.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#14pies12Posted 7/16/2012 7:44:39 PM(edited)
ChronoAce posted...
The WoW players.

D3 was bad. I'm not even a WoW player and I can tell you that.

you've never played a bad game
---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhxFHmmcREE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur25KP061PE
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#15Axl_RedPosted 7/16/2012 7:48:28 PM
Guild Wars 2 doesn't have a subscription fee, so it shouldn't be compared to games like WoW. It doesn't matter if people end up bored doing all the content in GW2 after like a month or so, because the game doesn't need grindy new content in order to justify it's price.
#16LaManoNeraIIPosted 7/16/2012 7:56:35 PM
boktai3 posted...
there's always people like that, its not the wow players, it's the people who believe that its the destination and not the journey that matters. whats gonna ruin the game (for you) is playing with them, its not gonna affect me cause i can just ignore em.

This is basic human behavior. It's in our DNA. If you place a goal before us we need to instinctively accomplish it. So, no, to humans its IS about the destination, not the journey. Our brains are hardwired to take shortcuts directly to the destination. Even the "WEEE I'M HAVING A WHIMSICAL ADVENTURE!!" people will do it after awhile.

That being said, if it's supposed to be the journey not the destination, then why is there a level cap at all? What's so important about that arbitrary number that RPGs STILL need to include them?
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#17yakkacruzPosted 7/16/2012 7:58:34 PM
It's in our DNA. If you place a goal before us we need to instinctively accomplish it.

school
---
#18DefaultUserNamePosted 7/16/2012 8:05:08 PM
Diablo 3 would have been an awesome game if I didn't go into it expecting it to actually be Diablo 3. Was it worth 60 bucks? Hell yes it was. Was it a worthy successor to Diablo 2? No. It was not.

I've played the betas for Guild Wars 2 and I can already tell you that this game will not be ruined by haters. It is fun and it is pure.

Also, haters didn't ruin Diablo 3. Diablo 3 was ruined by developers shoving gameplay into the Real Money Auction House. Haters just took this idea and ran with it.
---
I suck at most games, so please don't hate.
#19nebilim_ToSPosted 7/16/2012 8:26:28 PM
But you still level up after 80. And win skillpoints that can be traded for items and gear. And PvP where you can grind infinitely for glory.
---
The world is teeming with unnecessary evil. It's God will that i fight. As a knight of honor,as protector of sin.I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.
#20FadedFSPosted 7/16/2012 8:35:53 PM
wasnt wow in full force when GW1 came out? That didnt stop it from being played by millions for years.