No level/gear progression in pvp?

#1FierceHitmanPosted 7/18/2012 6:49:36 PM
"Everyone plays at the same level in Guild Wars 2 PvP, where skill and strategy provide players with the winning edge. All players are set to max level and given all the skills and gear they need to meet their opponents on even terms."

So does this mean I dont have to level my character at all since he gets all skills and gear necessary to compete? I can just create a new character and jump right into "end game" pvp?
#2ImmortalKatanPosted 7/18/2012 6:58:07 PM
Exactly
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/18/2012 6:58:15 PM
For Conquest, which is 5v5 you can..

For WvW, no.. not really unless you just repair stuff
---
Bacon
#4r7gerrabbitPosted 7/18/2012 7:13:28 PM
For sPvP yes. You can begin to PvP as soon as you exit the tutorial/scripted stage, which is 15 minutes at the most. Everyone will be on equal footing and you will have everything unlocked/available to use. You can respec as many times as you want trying to find the perfect build/skill combo/stat distribution for your play style.

For WvW a scaled up level 80 will be far weaker than a true level 80. You need to actually level up to be competitive in WvW.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#5MBO-SephyPosted 7/18/2012 7:14:27 PM(edited)
There are PVP vendors of different Glory levels at the Mists staging area.

Since each vendor requires significantly more accumulated Glory than the previous, one can assume the gear gets progressively better as well.

Of course I could be wrong, since couldn't even browse their wares if you didn't have enough Glory. And since it's in the Mists, I'm not even sure if that equipment can be used in WvW.
#6r7gerrabbitPosted 7/18/2012 7:16:28 PM
MBO-Sephy posted...
There are PVP vendors of different Glory levels at the Mists staging area.

Since each vendor requires significantly more accumulated Glory than the previous, one can assume the gear gets progressively better as well.

Of course I could be wrong, since couldn't even browse their wares if you didn't have enough Glory. And since it's in the Mists, I'm not even sure if that equipment can be used in WvW.

The only thing that does is unlock cosmetic gear.
Stats will NOT change. The unlockables through PvP are 100% cosmetic with no advantage at all.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#7Bizzy_BonePosted 7/18/2012 11:45:19 PM
Other than the cosmetic rewards, is there a sense of progression like ranking system, titles, killcount?

Does the game keep track of the "better" PVP'ers in any way?
---
__Champ19ns__
#8zach12_2Posted 7/18/2012 11:58:36 PM
Bizzy_Bone posted...
Other than the cosmetic rewards, is there a sense of progression like ranking system, titles, killcount?

Does the game keep track of the "better" PVP'ers in any way?

Yeah, does it? I only play if I can show how much better I am than everyone else. What's the point of PVP if no one knows how good I am?
---
The arguing that occurs on the internet is simply the natural state of humanity in a world where stupid people and clever people are allowed to communicate.
#9Cool_new_namePosted 7/19/2012 12:16:59 AM
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP#Rewards