Anyone else just find it.... boring?

#101VentusXIIPosted 7/23/2012 5:35:13 AM
>GW2 Beta
>boring
>>blasphemy

Nah, I do not agree that it was boring. Don't get me wrong, -everything- you do in this game is a grind. But the graphics, the game world, and all the features draw me into this grindfest. It isn't like WoW where everything is freakign slow as f. It isn't like other grinders. It's freaking engrossing and amazing.

I never wanted the betas to end. That's a problem; betas are NEVER that good. GW2 will be ahit. You're allowed to feel about as you like, though.

/myopinion
---
285/300 BTs! After a year's worth of trying, finally got FAM!
Awaiting Resident Evil 6 and Zelda 3DS.
#102ReliefGuardPosted 7/23/2012 5:35:49 AM
scarygrin posted...
You forgot to mention that mobs run from aoe now I noticed for the most part.

This part really did suck. I played a ele to test it out ran into some spiders that would move into the aoe and then run out of it making all AoE's useless. Hopefully this was mentions on the official forums and they will fix it. I know in BWE 2 and the brief test day they did before this event weekend that problem wasn't there.
---
PSN Rottendeeds
"Smart and good sense out weighs bravery... "
#103meiyukiPosted 7/23/2012 5:41:52 AM
DraconisRex posted...

Tera has contracted like a bad MMO in Japan and Korea and is doing the same thing here... Because once you get past the second-tier action combat, it's yet another Korean grind-fest.

You might want to try actually playing a real korean grind fest. It's actually probably faster to level to cap in tera in gw2. By the time you've made it through 20% of the leveling curve in a korean grind fest you'd have capped 3 times over in tera.

If tera is a korean grind fest then gw2 is an even worse korean grind fest with a worse combat system.
#104WarBeagle(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2012 5:52:25 AM
meiyuki posted...
DraconisRex posted...

Tera has contracted like a bad MMO in Japan and Korea and is doing the same thing here... Because once you get past the second-tier action combat, it's yet another Korean grind-fest.

You might want to try actually playing a real korean grind fest. It's actually probably faster to level to cap in tera in gw2. By the time you've made it through 20% of the leveling curve in a korean grind fest you'd have capped 3 times over in tera.

If tera is a korean grind fest then gw2 is an even worse korean grind fest with a worse combat system.

People use the term "grind" without even knowing what it means. Even though I quickly got bored with TERA, it wasn't because of a grind. I never had to kill random mobs over and over and over again to level. There were always quests that I could do to level.
---
Hatefact: non-PC statement that happens to be true. ---
Diablo 3: Floyd#1575
#105ChippPosted 7/23/2012 5:57:12 AM
A friend who was in beta, compares GW2 to the sitcom show Seinfeld. Seinfeld is a show about nothing, were as GW2 is a game about nothing. Except the difference is, Seinfeld was entertaining to him, GW2 absolutely boring.
#106Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/23/2012 6:37:31 AM
DraconisRex posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
AdronLan posted...
I'm more ignoring the fact that hardly ANY MMO have questing akin to what you've suggested.

WoW
SWTOR
LoTRO
Rift
Tera

The top 5 MMOs in the western market all have incredibly polished and smooth leveling curves. No grinding is necessary to reach level cap. There is always a clear goal to reach.

GW 2 is not a sandbox. It's a themepark; everything is scripted. But it has no direction, which a themepark needs.

lol at the list. I've played that list (except Tera). And it's clear you haven't.

WoW is dull and defines 'grind themepark.' Level up grind. Gear grind. It's like a sausage factory.

SWTOR is on rails and 80% of it was meaningless grind as you had to fight huge numbers of static mobs for no reason but they were just 'in the way.' Then you get to 'end game' (joke that it is) and you have to keep grinding gear.

LOTRO requires you to 'deed' which is a huge grind. Let's say I need 12 in Justice (a necessity for a guardian + ICMorale regen, +Morale, +OOCMorale regen, I have to kill:

Defeat 90 brigands (The Shire),
Defeat 90 brigands (Bree,
Defeat 90 brigands (Ered Luin) (that's 3 points, need 9 more..),
Defeat 450 Dourhands (Sarnur),
Defeat 270 orcs (North Downs),
Defeat 270 goblins (Evendim)... Up to 6 in virtue now...
Defeat 360 wargs (Misty Mountains),
Defeat 450 Angmarim (Angmar),
Defeat 360 half-orcs (Erigion) and up to 9...
Defeat 360 goblins (Moria),
Defeat 360 sorcerors (Mirkwood),
Defeat 450 Pale Folk (Tham Mirdan).

That's ONE of the FIVE virtues I will be equipping... So I need to do this at least 4 more times. Plus, I need to have at least three or four other 12's because different raids require different traits and deed.... You want to explain how this isn't grind?

Plus they turned the end-game into WoW with that stupid gear-grind. Used to be it took 10 days to get a full set of Annuminas armor if you waited until Level 65 to start. Now... Blech...

Rift was a joke "Hey, let's drop a random monster generator in the map every five minutes..." Grind, grind, grind, grind those rifts to get gear... Which you out-level because you ground rifts which means you need to grind more rifts to get better gear... Lather, rinse and repeat until end game. Ironically, rifts are what did me in in Rift. I couldn't take the constant interruptions and grind.

And GW2... Where's the grind? That I VOLUNTARILY craft?

GW2: We need rep for this heart, grind out 20 Bandits, collect 10 boxes

DE: Bandits are attacking, kill them until the timer runs out
---
Bacon
#107AdronLanPosted 7/23/2012 6:48:08 AM
ReliefGuard posted...
scarygrin posted...

This part really did suck. I played a ele to test it out ran into some spiders that would move into the aoe and then run out of it making all AoE's useless. Hopefully this was mentions on the official forums and they will fix it. I know in BWE 2 and the brief test day they did before this event weekend that problem wasn't there.

I actually find that to be less of a problem. I mean, the fact you lay down a magic circle sort of means something is going to happen. I like that some mobs run away.

Now, to fix this, you make sure not EVERY mob runs away.

As for you Xeeh, least the grinding in GW2 that seems similar to the grinding in every other BAD MMO has a purpose.

Yeah, I killed 50 glowy grub things for this chick in this cave. But now she's going to run across to this lake house and fish. And NOW she needs the massive gator thing in the lake killed.

As opposed to dude standing around telling you to go kill 30 of this, and come back. And then he'll still be standing there, as if what you did was beyond pointless.
#108Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/23/2012 6:56:01 AM
AdronLan posted...
ReliefGuard posted...
scarygrin posted...

I actually find that to be less of a problem. I mean, the fact you lay down a magic circle sort of means something is going to happen. I like that some mobs run away.

Now, to fix this, you make sure not EVERY mob runs away.

As for you Xeeh, least the grinding in GW2 that seems similar to the grinding in every other BAD MMO has a purpose.

Yeah, I killed 50 glowy grub things for this chick in this cave. But now she's going to run across to this lake house and fish. And NOW she needs the massive gator thing in the lake killed.

As opposed to dude standing around telling you to go kill 30 of this, and come back. And then he'll still be standing there, as if what you did was beyond pointless.

Tell me the reason why all of this was happening in GW2, tell me. You can't because there is no story behind it.

Go on. That alone makes anything you do pointless
---
Bacon
#109AdronLanPosted 7/23/2012 6:58:06 AM
The ranchers are forced to fend off the bandits every so often because there is a small bandit HQ nearby.

The fishing lady wants to fish. Maybe she needs to feed her family.

The pack mule contingent needs to deliver supplies to the nearby town.

Controlling this one base camp lends a serious advantage against the centaurs.

As again opposed to -

Dude standing in town, not even near an exit of the town.
#110KaltrecPosted 7/23/2012 6:58:11 AM
ReliefGuard posted...
scarygrin posted...

So...monsters are smart enough not to stand in an AoE, how is that a bad thing?
and even so, dont you have a few skills to slow or snare them
---
People who know little are usually great talkers, while those who know much say little.