How will the Hall of Monuments work if ones wants to change names?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. How will the Hall of Monuments work if ones wants to change names?
4 years ago#1
How will the Hall of Monuments work if ones wants to change names?

Ex: My Monk name from Guild Wars 1 was Holy Virus, but in GW 2 I want it to be (Insert Secret Name Here).

Will I be able to transfer my monk's achievements.. then change his name?
GT: eyeneed25cents ~~ Ben: Brawl: 1289 - 8278 - 2512
4 years ago#2
I may be wrong, but I believe Hall of Monuments is account specific, not character specific.

Name reservation works as such:
Any name you have on your Guild Wars account is reserved for your Guild Wars 2 account.

Hall of Monuments works as such:
The character with the highest HoM points in Guild Wars 1 will unlock rewards for ALL Guild Wars 2 characters.
4 years ago#3
I may be wrong, but I believe Hall of Monuments is account specific, not character specific.

Name reservation works as such:
Any name you have on your Guild Wars account is reserved for your Guild Wars 2 account.

This part's right, but

Hall of Monuments works as such:
The character with the highest HoM points in Guild Wars 1 will unlock rewards for ALL Guild Wars 2 characters.

this part's off a little. It counts the contributions of everyone on the account (except in the case of overlap,) not just the one with the most.

Making a character with a completely different name is fine. They'll still have access to as many of the HOM rewards as they would if they'd kept the same name.
4 years ago#4
Thank you all for the clarification!
GT: eyeneed25cents ~~ Ben: Brawl: 1289 - 8278 - 2512
4 years ago#5
Yes, I bought a few name changes ingame. I can verify when you go to HOM it has the new name in there. That so long it was registered in the Hall before the change.
"Provide proof of this article, I just googled and found nothing" - Xeeh Bitz
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. How will the Hall of Monuments work if ones wants to change names?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived