How will the Hall of Monuments work if ones wants to change names?

#1hitman456321Posted 7/22/2012 4:27:46 AM
How will the Hall of Monuments work if ones wants to change names?

Ex: My Monk name from Guild Wars 1 was Holy Virus, but in GW 2 I want it to be (Insert Secret Name Here).

Will I be able to transfer my monk's achievements.. then change his name?
---
GT: eyeneed25cents ~~ Ben: Brawl: 1289 - 8278 - 2512
#2UltraCookiePosted 7/22/2012 4:31:26 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe Hall of Monuments is account specific, not character specific.

Name reservation works as such:
Any name you have on your Guild Wars account is reserved for your Guild Wars 2 account.

Hall of Monuments works as such:
The character with the highest HoM points in Guild Wars 1 will unlock rewards for ALL Guild Wars 2 characters.
#3LizardneckPosted 7/22/2012 4:38:12 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe Hall of Monuments is account specific, not character specific.

Name reservation works as such:
Any name you have on your Guild Wars account is reserved for your Guild Wars 2 account.

This part's right, but

Hall of Monuments works as such:
The character with the highest HoM points in Guild Wars 1 will unlock rewards for ALL Guild Wars 2 characters.

this part's off a little. It counts the contributions of everyone on the account (except in the case of overlap,) not just the one with the most.

Making a character with a completely different name is fine. They'll still have access to as many of the HOM rewards as they would if they'd kept the same name.
#4hitman456321(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 4:40:05 AM
Thank you all for the clarification!
---
GT: eyeneed25cents ~~ Ben: Brawl: 1289 - 8278 - 2512
#5scarygrinPosted 7/22/2012 5:50:25 AM
Yes, I bought a few name changes ingame. I can verify when you go to HOM it has the new name in there. That so long it was registered in the Hall before the change.
---
"Provide proof of this article, I just googled and found nothing" - Xeeh Bitz