Servers Full

#1JenniferTatePosted 7/24/2012 11:53:42 AM
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/43753-worlds-fullunacceptable/

Happened upon this thread. The TL;DR of it is a concern that, for example (because we'd kill each other!), if we all made a GFAQs Guild and tried to roll on Server X, it could cap to full during head start or day one before half of us made it on there. And then that negates WvW cooperation, the reason we'd have guilded.

Same applies to just trying to roll with friends - you get on the first hour and play, your friend gets home from work that evening and tries to join you, and can't be on the same home server as you because it filled to full in those hours. Now he has to wait, or those of you who were already in might reroll with him.

You can play together in other aspects thanks to guesting, but not WvW, which is understandably a point of pride for players and driving force of the pitch this game has for PvP.

It's honestly something I've never considered in most of the MMO launches I've been in. I've only ever taken part in one premade Guild before launch, and we all made it in over a few days. I know Old Republic let guilds reserve server space to get around this. It especially struck my interest just because I was told some of those guilds on that server list were 600+ strong - Yeesh.

Thoughts? Points that make this tide of QQ not as bad as they made it out?

I know GW2 slamming is inevitable, but if we could keep the slamming on this point, at least then it'd be contextual.
---
Careful kid, with that wolf whistle. You never know what you'll attract.
Sponsored by The Vocal Minority: now new and improved with more self-entitled whining.
#2potatochobitPosted 7/24/2012 11:54:18 AM
Im trying to log in but I cant get online

wow the servers really are full
---
http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
rules do not make justice but justice has rules -potatochobit 2012
#3zach12_2Posted 7/24/2012 11:54:32 AM
But Xeeh said there were empty servers...
---
"I'm butt-hurt about criticism." - Nofoundation on the GW2 forums. www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938738-guild-wars-2/63471792/709893993
#4JenniferTate(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2012 12:02:49 PM
I started Beta an hour after it kicked off and my friend told me to join him on a server. It was full, and several others were, too. I did have a choice of about...four medium and six low pop servers, and I opted for low. They were all full a few hours later.

I heard they raised caps, but I honestly didn't look at it after I had one.
---
Careful kid, with that wolf whistle. You never know what you'll attract.
Sponsored by The Vocal Minority: now new and improved with more self-entitled whining.
#5PheemPosted 7/24/2012 12:07:37 PM
This actually happened to me in the first BWE. My brother and I had started on Yak's Bend, and then a couple hours later when some friends got home from school/work they couldn't get on because it was full. Luckily by then they had added the free server transfer thing so we all switched to a different server.

I'm hoping they won't have these same problems at launch.
#6Jackofshadows55Posted 7/24/2012 12:12:03 PM
I think they should have free transfers available first week of release then after that have it be gem stop. This would help negate the server full thing
#7TheWarhammeronlPosted 7/24/2012 12:17:31 PM
Pheem posted...
This actually happened to me in the first BWE. My brother and I had started on Yak's Bend, and then a couple hours later when some friends got home from school/work they couldn't get on because it was full. Luckily by then they had added the free server transfer thing so we all switched to a different server.

Really?
I played on Yak's Bend each BWE and didn't have any troubles, but I don't always play during prime time.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#8Cool_new_namePosted 7/24/2012 12:19:25 PM(edited)
There was a lot of problems with WvW population caps this past weekend.
Bugs with population caps that needed WvW to be taken down for maintenance periodically.

TheWarhammeronl posted...
I played on Yak's Bend each BWE and didn't have any troubles, but I don't always play during prime time.

I was on Yak's too. :)
We did pretty good. Some ridiculously huge battles too. It was fun.
#9MBO-SephyPosted 7/24/2012 12:21:23 PM(edited)
Pheem posted...

Really?

I was on Yak's Bend too and got kicked to the overflow server a few times. Especially in the human areas. Those spots were absolutely crammed with people. Charr zones were also overpopulated.

A friend of mine said the Sylvari and Norn zones were pretty much dead.

Also, gib name. We must add each other and say Warhammer-related things on /m and laugh at people for not understanding the references.

I tried WvW for a few minutes but it was so laggy for me I decided to quit. Players models wouldn't even load, I'd just see floating names running around. Not my idea of fun.
#10TheWarhammeronlPosted 7/24/2012 12:29:49 PM
MBO-Sephy posted...
Pheem posted...

Really?

I was on Yak's Bend too and got kicked to the overflow server a few times. Especially in the human areas. Those spots were absolutely crammed with people. Charr zones were also overpopulated.

A friend of mine said the Sylvari and Norn zones were pretty much dead.

Also, gib name. We must add each other and say Warhammer-related things on /m and laugh at people for not understanding the references.

I tried WvW for a few minutes but it was so laggy for me I decided to quit. Players models wouldn't even load, I'd just see floating names running around. Not my idea of fun.

Burn the heretics.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher