GW2 dungeon

#1AbominuZPosted 7/30/2012 5:28:45 AM
Are the mechanics for dungeons like the dynamic events ?
Or is it possible to group up without interferance from other players ?
i havent looked into dungeons so i dont know if they are instanced or open.
And how does it work loot wise in a group.
If anyone can answer or has a link for me i would be thankful.
Thanks in advance.
#2ScorpeXPosted 7/30/2012 5:33:55 AM
This is mainly a PVP game, you should concnetrate on WvW and the other PvP elements as your endgame content.
#3FencingDudeXPosted 7/30/2012 5:42:15 AM
The dungeons in GW2 are instanced, you and a your group of 5 players are all placed at the level cap for the dungeon if you are at a higher level. For each dungeon there are two modes, story mode, and explorer mode. Though story mode you and your characters interact with various GW2 "heroes" i.e. Logan Thackery for example for the humans, and complete quests that have there own underlying story that are interconnected through the various dungeons. In explorable mode there is less story but more freedom of choice, you are able to choose one a few different ways to explore an enlarged version of the dungeon and at the end are rewarded with tokens that can be put towards that particular dungeons armor sets. As far as loot goes, from my experience in the beta when you down a mini boss or complete the instance you are rewarded with your own items via a chest or quest completion window.
#4JebSkatr2Posted 7/30/2012 5:52:33 AM
ScorpeX posted...
This is mainly a PVP game, you should concnetrate on WvW and the other PvP elements as your endgame content.

Slander and libel
#5AbominuZ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 6:28:29 AM
FencingDudeX posted...
The dungeons in GW2 are instanced, you and a your group of 5 players are all placed at the level cap for the dungeon if you are at a higher level. For each dungeon there are two modes, story mode, and explorer mode. Though story mode you and your characters interact with various GW2 "heroes" i.e. Logan Thackery for example for the humans, and complete quests that have there own underlying story that are interconnected through the various dungeons. In explorable mode there is less story but more freedom of choice, you are able to choose one a few different ways to explore an enlarged version of the dungeon and at the end are rewarded with tokens that can be put towards that particular dungeons armor sets. As far as loot goes, from my experience in the beta when you down a mini boss or complete the instance you are rewarded with your own items via a chest or quest completion window.

Many thanks for the info.
Getting more and more excited about GW2 !