Do you get enough skill points to max?

#1Cobra1010Posted 7/31/2012 3:12:32 AM
Do you get enough skill points by level 80 to unlock all utility skills? Also, how much of the traits can be maxed by end game?
---
Playing: Killing Floor, BFBC2, Team Fortress 2, L4d2
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#2Terces17Posted 7/31/2012 3:18:18 AM
Skill points yes you will get more than enough to max all your ulility and elite skills. You can get them from WvW as well, skill points reset every 2 weeks as I as I heard for WvW.

You only get 70 trait points so obviously you can't max all 5 traits.
#3adgatoPosted 7/31/2012 3:40:04 AM(edited)
Terces17 posted...
Skill points yes you will get more than enough to max all your ulility and elite skills. You can get them from WvW as well, skill points reset every 2 weeks as I as I heard for WvW.

I have no idea what you are talking about with skill points resetting in WvW. TC, you get 75 skill points for levelling to 80, there are skill challenges to gain more ( 187 i think), and you continue to gain them even after you hit 80 by gaining xp. When you gain enough xp that you would have levelled ( you don't level because you are 80) you gain a skill point. So essentially you can get as many as you want. But they can also be used to "buy" certain very very rare items ( to make the legendary weapons). As for traits, you get 70, and that is all you get , although you can re-spec them if you want to try a different build.
#4adgatoPosted 7/31/2012 3:44:56 AM
Also, it takes more than your base 75 skill points if you want to unlock every skill. For instance, Necromancers need about 120 points. So you have to do some skill challenges to bulk up your available points. But that is not hard, they are scattered around all over the place and are usually not difficult. All of this only applies in PvE or WvW, in sPVP all of your skills are unlocked by default.
#5_Ferdi_Posted 7/31/2012 3:58:10 AM
I see
---
What's your favorite song? Something you listen to a bunch and it sounds like the first time.
#6Cobra1010(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2012 4:24:08 AM
Oh right cool. So theres nothing to worry about then. You can even respec traits.
---
Playing: Killing Floor, BFBC2, Team Fortress 2, L4d2
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#7White_Knight13Posted 7/31/2012 8:36:55 AM
adgato posted...
Terces17 posted...

I have no idea what you are talking about with skill points resetting in WvW. TC, you get 75 skill points for levelling to 80, there are skill challenges to gain more ( 187 i think), and you continue to gain them even after you hit 80 by gaining xp. When you gain enough xp that you would have levelled ( you don't level because you are 80) you gain a skill point. So essentially you can get as many as you want. But they can also be used to "buy" certain very very rare items ( to make the legendary weapons). As for traits, you get 70, and that is all you get , although you can re-spec them if you want to try a different build.

In WvW there are skill challenges. They reset every 2 weeks.
#8Duke DarkwoodPosted 7/31/2012 9:27:28 AM
And there's a world full of Skill Challenges in PvE; almost 200 of them. Can't forget that.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#9ImmortalKatanPosted 7/31/2012 9:32:14 AM
there is also the fact that you gain 1 point per level and you continue to gain experience after 80.

So not only can you get enough to learn every single utility but you also get enough to spend them at the Mystic Forge vendor who sells you items for skill points.
#10george43Posted 7/31/2012 9:40:07 AM(edited)
You'll earn more skill points than skills are available.

Not sure what the extra skill points are going to be used for at this point (unless elite spells are expensive as hell)

And there is something like 200 skill challenges in the world. So there will definitely be left over points.