Tried other classes

#1169skitzo69Posted 8/2/2012 2:42:13 PM
I like mesmer, necromancer and ranger.
#12random_noobiePosted 8/2/2012 3:13:16 PM(edited)
CruxisInhibitor posted...
Playing Guardian to try it, don't really care for it..all skills seem to be a bit redundant and slow. The weapon skill pool shallowness is still annoying me. All kinds of typo errors i'm seeing...this game is launching in 23 days, kind of embarassing.

GW1 has plenty of shallowness too. paragon is a prime example of this: unless you roll imbagon, you're much, much less effective. i even tried to make a build that wasn't imbagon and nothing was near as good as that. add in the fact that the motivation line is more or less worthless? l0l. there's other examples of this (such as monks having several AoE heals that are pretty much the exact same thing), but, the paragon is the biggest offender.

i haven't encountered many typos, actually. unless you're just sitting there looking for them? i suppose you can find them. i usually don't notice them unless it's spelled horribly wrong. i've noticed grammar and typo errors in GW1 and its 7 years old. should i be embarrassed for arenanet, then? **** happens. the average player probably won't even notice these unless its super obvious.

there's probably about as many builds for each class in GW2 as there is in GW1, if, you assume that each time you swap a utility skill, you're changing your build.

GW2 is also just plain more FUN to play to me. the movement is smoother, the combat is less clunky, targeting has been cleaned up, etc.

the game is ready for release. they still have three weeks to change things. plus, the build we're using is older then the in-house one.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#13GaMeFr33kPosted 8/2/2012 4:08:47 PM(edited)
Everyone has a different opinion, my friends like complete opposite classes I like. Anyways;

Fun Classes

Engineer - most fun class to play
Elementalist - 2nd most fun class to play, they can do so much crap its dumb
Thief - Can do A LOT of burst dmg but I still think they die pretty quick in a lot of specs
Warrior - I love the versatility, I could play however I wanted, still OP
Guardian - OP IMO lolz, tough as hell to kill a GOOD Guardian

Boring Classes

Mesmer - Still confuses me how they'll be good for PvE, I don't like clones at all, annoying as hell
Ranger - very boring, hate pets still
Necromancer - I find this almost as boring as the ranger, although I like their pets a bit better than the Ranger pet still.
---
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2893/xeehlmao.png
#14Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 4:32:21 PM
GaMeFr33k posted...
Everyone has a different opinion, my friends like complete opposite classes I like. Anyways;

Fun Classes

Engineer - most fun class to play
Elementalist - 2nd most fun class to play, they can do so much crap its dumb
Thief - Can do A LOT of burst dmg but I still think they die pretty quick in a lot of specs
Warrior - I love the versatility, I could play however I wanted, still OP
Guardian - OP IMO lolz, tough as hell to kill a GOOD Guardian

Boring Classes

Mesmer - Still confuses me how they'll be good for PvE, I don't like clones at all, annoying as hell
Ranger - very boring, hate pets still
Necromancer - I find this almost as boring as the ranger, although I like their pets a bit better than the Ranger pet still.

I just did unlock the turret for the Engineer, it was much better than before. I used a rifle at the time(Blue Rifle with decent power dropped at lvl 2). Started picking up at 5 when I got to unlock stuff. Wanted to try it more but had to go do some stuff so had to cut the beta short.

I dunno, it's a cross between the engineer and the warrior at the moment, maybe will go with the warrior.. I just like the crazy movement they can do.. fun times.
---
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt
#15LysamusPosted 8/2/2012 5:00:03 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
zach12_2 posted...
Elementalist is the best.

They're alright, only the Fire stance or whatever it is.. Its the only one that seems decent at low level, dunno.. got the 3rd one unlocked.. stopped playing.. does the skills change with weapons or no?

Yes, the skills in the 4 elemental tabs change depending on what weapon you have equipped (options include Two handed staff, Scepter main only, Dagger main/off-hand, and Shield off hand).
---
"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
#16Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 5:18:01 PM
Lysamus posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
zach12_2 posted...
Elementalist is the best.

They're alright, only the Fire stance or whatever it is.. Its the only one that seems decent at low level, dunno.. got the 3rd one unlocked.. stopped playing.. does the skills change with weapons or no?

Yes, the skills in the 4 elemental tabs change depending on what weapon you have equipped (options include Two handed staff, Scepter main only, Dagger main/off-hand, and Shield off hand).

Cool, was not sure since I never obtained a different weapon to try it out.. K, thx
---
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt
#17GaMeFr33kPosted 8/2/2012 6:21:22 PM
Making Ele's have a TON of spells overall. Too many spells in fact.
---
#18Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 6:31:46 PM
GaMeFr33k posted...
Making Ele's have a TON of spells overall. Too many spells in fact.

See, I like casters.. just did not care much for the starting out abilities. May have to try one sometime with the two dagger combo I heard about today, Warrior is fun, but the damn thing got kinda boring @ 24. Doing the same ol' crap. It's very limited and you acquire it all ever so fast also. That and for your standard mob, you really only need to Charge>HB>AFK

That alone is boring after a few hundred times lol
---
#19GaMeFr33kPosted 8/2/2012 6:36:26 PM
That's why Warrior was one of my most hated classes in WoW.

Played a rogue / druid. Druid because it was the most versatile, and rogue because who the hell doesn't like perma stealth with the #1 ganking class in an MMO?
---
#20yakkacruzPosted 8/2/2012 6:58:05 PM
Everyone has a different opinion, my friends like complete opposite classes I like.

every has different preferences*
---
. . . I'm a genius, not an engineer! - Aramis