GW2 will probably underpreform, due to player community?

#1NCPwnPosted 8/2/2012 2:36:37 PM
I don't think the game will fail, or die. i think they have a good idea, but perhaps the execution was a litle off. I don't see this game going broke at all. I don't see a heavy load on the servers because of how weak the requirements are (speaking from a server standpoint). Hardware is cheap anyways.

Couple that with the fact the game is free. That is going to bring a lot of children to the game as well. People that can't afford sub fees or who don't have credit cards.

Those same people will be the demise of the game as people are tired when the game community gets trashed. I remember all my friends leaving GW1 because of the immature spam they would read (much like a CoD game on xbox live).

So the game will spike, then die down a bit and level off. The game will be considered a success, but in the eyes of gamers, possibly a failure?

What say you?
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Planetside, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#2DKPunkSurferPosted 8/2/2012 2:38:31 PM
I want a hug
---
Don't forget, a snakes venom poisons slowly after the bite. ~ Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)
56-56 If you know the significance of those numbers I'll give you a cookie
#3ObsidusPosted 8/2/2012 2:39:48 PM
Positive speculation: fanboy.

Negative speculation: troll.

Just getting it out of the way ahead of time.

Carry on.
---
Cultivating an immunity to rebuttal is not a substitute for being correct.
#4ExiretPosted 8/2/2012 2:40:17 PM
You're still here? Haven't you gotten over this game? There are people playing the game right now and you aren't. Move on
#5NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 2:42:14 PM
Can i get a "stay on topic please"
amen
---
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Planetside, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#6bullet147Posted 8/2/2012 2:48:55 PM
First off the game isint free, also your can voice your opinion anyway you want however noone really knows what will happen.
#7NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 2:52:04 PM
bullet147 posted...
First off the game isint free, also your can voice your opinion anyway you want however noone really knows what will happen.

Yes, I meant Free to play,
my mistake.
---
#8DamoenePosted 8/2/2012 2:56:24 PM
Any kid with an allowance and a ride to 7-11 can buy sub cards for any MMO.

This is just stupid.
---
This is my care face. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
#9NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 3:01:51 PM
Damoene posted...
Any kid with an allowance and a ride to 7-11 can buy sub cards for any MMO.

This is just stupid.

Don't assume all kids have allowances. Some of us had real jobs when we were 14.....
---
#10random_noobiePosted 8/2/2012 3:02:00 PM
NCPwn posted...
Yes, I meant BUY TO PLAY, my mistake.

FTFY.

there's a difference (around $60) between B2P and F2P.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays