GW2 will probably underpreform, due to player community?

#21zach12_2Posted 8/2/2012 4:14:24 PM
Well, the COD-type newbs can only do so much to hurt the game. There's always guild chat if they really bother you, but I couldn't care less.

They're a minor annoyance. Most people that are into FPS wouldn't tend to be into an ARPG like GW2.
---
"I'm butt-hurt about criticism." - Nofoundation on the GW2 forums. www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938738-guild-wars-2/63471792/709893993
#22VoxwikPosted 8/2/2012 4:27:32 PM
There is not a direct correlation between age and immaturity. I find the most vocal immature players tend to be more 17-26ish (the I'm awesome and I know it all age for a stereotypical male) but obviously there are always exceptions and most players of any age group are not horrible like that. I've met 14 year olds with more in game maturity than some 40+ year old people.

$60 isn't pocket change for a child either by the way so money really isn't a good comparison here. Then there's the fact that I've tried the free to play WoW and the chat spam very... interesting to say the least.

Saying subscriptions somehow yield a better game community is in a way economic prejudice really.
#23AllypowerPosted 8/2/2012 4:36:52 PM
There are always immature ppl in any mmo community. It can't be helped. What GW2 tries to do is to make their action less annoyance to the rest. I think GW2 community will be better than other MMO community like WoW.
---
Though there are uncountably many paths in life, the path to our destiny is the only one.
#24Kitchen SinkPosted 8/2/2012 4:40:07 PM
Well the hate train is currently taking passengers from WoW and SW:TOR. Its destination is Guild Wars 2.

Gonna be a glorious couple months in general chat where everyone tries comparing this to WoW. Don't worry though, you'll regain your brain cells again once you leave the beginning areas
---
Flanders - I think we hit something
Homer - I hope it was Flanders
#25scarygrinPosted 8/2/2012 4:51:02 PM
He should go to Bellevue, Washington, camp outside of Arenanet with a tin cup. Have a sign requesting donations so he can buy the game, since he couldn't get in the beta.
---
"Provide proof of this article, I just googled and found nothing" - Xeeh Bitz
#26NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 5:07:26 PM
Yes, free to play, I meant free as in no sub fee, which I mentioned earlier in one of my posts. Anyways, I hope the GW2 community is a bit more mature than some of those on here that have nothing better to do, than flame.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Planetside, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#27tomchewPosted 8/2/2012 5:07:30 PM
DDO and LoTRO are both ftp and they are pretty fun games, also have a great community.
#28NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 5:10:04 PM
scarygrin posted...
He should go to Bellevue, Washington, camp outside of Arenanet with a tin cup. Have a sign requesting donations so he can buy the game, since he couldn't get in the beta.

You know I'm not the one bringing this up, so I don't know how it is pertinent to this thread.

Also, please know all the facts. I would be getting 4 friends into the game as well as myself purchasing 4 copies, because I like to multi-box. Price is not a problem, but spending 4 x $60 = $240 + another $240 from my friends, is a good deal of money. I wanted to test beta before spending that cash. But I digress, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
---
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Planetside, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#29NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 5:11:10 PM
tomchew posted...
DDO and LoTRO are both ftp and they are pretty fun games, also have a great community.

I played it when there was a subscription. So It wasn't always free to play. Same with EQ2.
---
#30DraconisRexPosted 8/2/2012 5:18:21 PM
NCPwn posted...
Can i get a "stay on topic please"
amen

The topic is your silly pseudo-intellectual, buzz-word troll-bait posts. They're crap.
---
Xeeh and his last place trophy: http://i.imgur.com/oRUBI.jpg