Character Slots?

#1FuzzyBlueElfPosted 8/9/2012 5:00:26 PM
So... if we only have 5 character slots, and there are like 7 or 8 professions, does this mean we will have to purchase slots to use all the professions? CAN we purchase slots? And for how much moneys?

Also, the only reason I'm considering this is because I want to see Norn and Charr stories but they are the least appealing aesthetically to me. The 5 original slots will be taken by 2 sylvari, 2 human, and an asura.

Anyone know if we can purchase additional slots?
#2Lunacy182Posted 8/9/2012 5:01:44 PM
Yes, you have to purchase extra slots. They are 800 gems each.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
PSN/GT: Lunacy182
#3SpazH3dPosted 8/9/2012 5:03:03 PM(edited)
Yes, you'll have to purchase slots if you want more than 5. It's something like 10-15 bucks. BUMMER EH?

Edit: Did we just do a triple "yes"?
---
- My vision is augmented
#4adgatoPosted 8/9/2012 5:02:10 PM
FuzzyBlueElf posted...
So... if we only have 5 character slots, and there are like 7 or 8 professions, does this mean we will have to purchase slots to use all the professions? CAN we purchase slots? And for how much moneys?

Also, the only reason I'm considering this is because I want to see Norn and Charr stories but they are the least appealing aesthetically to me. The 5 original slots will be taken by 2 sylvari, 2 human, and an asura.

Anyone know if we can purchase additional slots?

Yes, you can purchase slots if you want more than 5. They are about 10 dollars US.
#5ManiusPrimePosted 8/9/2012 5:02:21 PM
you can purchase slots, but you will only have the five to start. If you see it from their end. It will help pay for server maintenance.
---
Manius
Imperator
#6FuzzyBlueElf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2012 5:04:25 PM
Well, I don't mind paying for a feature for a game I like. That's not the problem.

I'm just having a hard time deciding what race/profession combos to go with, and this is a deciding point.

Anyone remember how much gold -> gem fee is? I can't recall.
#7darksoulpriestPosted 8/9/2012 5:06:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8darksoulpriestPosted 8/9/2012 5:07:19 PM
Gold for gems rate will change, so there's not really a good indicator of around how much it'll be at launch, 1 month in, etc.
---
Dynamic Sig Says:
#9adgatoPosted 8/9/2012 5:08:49 PM
FuzzyBlueElf posted...
Well, I don't mind paying for a feature for a game I like. That's not the problem.

I'm just having a hard time deciding what race/profession combos to go with, and this is a deciding point.

Buying gems with gold is not a flat fee from GW2. It is brokered through the auction house, but the gems are bought from another player. So it will vary depending on supply and demand.
#10FuzzyBlueElf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2012 5:10:40 PM
adgato posted...
FuzzyBlueElf posted...

Buying gems with gold is not a flat fee from GW2. It is brokered through the auction house, but the gems are bought from another player. So it will vary depending on supply and demand.

ah okay. Hm. Was thinking I could just use my first couple characters to buy the slots for the alts.

Will probably just spring for them with cash. IMO it'll be worth it.