Can someone explain the retaliation boon to me?

#1TendonitisPosted 8/11/2012 5:17:29 PM
The retaliation boon says that it reflects incoming damage back to your attacker. That seems straightforward but I have some questions.

Do you not take any damage with retaliation? Or is it just the attacker gets hit for damage too?

If the attack has a condition element to it, does the attacker get the condition too?

Does it only reflect one attack or does it reflect for as long as the boon is up?
---
Irregardless, I could care less for all intensive purposes, because your a looser.
#2Gibble1Posted 8/11/2012 5:24:43 PM(edited)
It is much simpler than you might think.

You still take damage, the attacker takes a fixed (constant) amount of damage each time he hits you. No conditions or anything like that.

I don't know if it's been nerfed but as of bwe 3 it had been agreed to be pretty damn good, especially with abilities giving 10s of retaliation before boon duration buffs.

Edit: I just want to add that I've literally had games as Guardian where I've gotten most of my kills from retaliation. It can be great, killing one person while actually attacking someone else.
---
I was a dancer all along.
#3MBO-SephyPosted 8/11/2012 5:32:23 PM
Does it reflect the same amount of damage you take, back at whoever dealt it to you? Or is it a fixed amount of damage based on your level?
#4Tendonitis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 5:32:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm going to be maining Guarding (I think), so it's good to know.
---
Irregardless, I could care less for all intensive purposes, because your a looser.
#5AngelcientPosted 8/11/2012 5:55:41 PM
Retailiation damages attacker by a fixed amount everytime you're hit

Damage given back can be increased by power
#6MBO-SephyPosted 8/11/2012 6:15:17 PM
Angelcient posted...

Thanks. For some reason I thought it reflected the same damage back, like...Blademail in Dota.
#7VoxwikPosted 8/11/2012 8:40:15 PM
MBO-Sephy posted...
Angelcient posted...

Thanks. For some reason I thought it reflected the same damage back, like...Blademail in Dota.

The in game description makes it sound like that.