Linking GW1 account

#1DKPunkSurferPosted 8/12/2012 11:07:15 PM
has any info on how to link GW1 accounts to GW2 been released? thanks
---
Don't forget, a snakes venom poisons slowly after the bite. ~ Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)
56-56 If you know the significance of those numbers I'll give you a cookie
#2DKPunkSurfer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 11:51:29 PM
wow no one answers? You guys are mean >=P
---
Don't forget, a snakes venom poisons slowly after the bite. ~ Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)
#3TaijouroukunPosted 8/13/2012 12:16:42 AM
i forgot exactly how it's done. i've already link it when i pre-purchase and got into beta. pretty simple, just applying code to account. you can figure it out when you get to that point.

and it's 11pm when you make the topic. i'm not saying they aren't mean (because this is a mean place afterall), but come on, less than an hour late at night.
#4DKPunkSurfer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2012 12:27:54 AM
yah I wasn't able to when I signed up so I was wondering if there has been any other word on how to do it yet, and as for me calling them mean I was being dramatic =p
---
#5_Elite_Bushido_Posted 8/13/2012 3:56:10 AM
I went into guild wars one and added the key into my account after logging in
---
"She was pregnant 7 times last year and still hasn't had a baby yet." - Riff Raff
#6Jordo_dPosted 8/13/2012 4:11:02 AM(edited)
DKPunkSurfer posted...
yah I wasn't able to when I signed up so I was wondering if there has been any other word on how to do it yet, and as for me calling them mean I was being dramatic =p

uh basically use the exact same email and password as your gw1 account...and it should automatically link them

i think when you went to register.guildwars2.com to register your game code, it should have asked "Do you already have a Guild Wars 1 account?" If you hit yes, you had to login with it, and then apply the gw2 serial code....if not it made you make a new account....

if you did the latter, you might be screwed...or you need to contact NCsoft support immediately
---
"So hoping the final release of GW2 will improve these textures for the grass."
- Xeeh Bitz, Guild Wars 2
#7FaYt2021Posted 8/13/2012 7:23:43 AM
I opened a ticket for this because I was unable to link my account when it was created. They said that after launch you'll be able to link them if you don't do it at the creation of your GW2 account.
---
"Hey, at least we're not EA!" - Bethesda PR
#8NessosinPosted 8/13/2012 7:44:03 AM
Is there any benefit to it? I couldn't remember my GW1 account info since I hadn't played it for years. If it doesn't really matter I won't be too concerned about it.
#9DKPunkSurfer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2012 8:34:04 AM
Gonna bump this to see if anyone has new info to share.
---
#10ilovemuddingPosted 8/13/2012 8:51:09 AM
It's been a while so I can't really remember.

But on the official website:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

You can Register via the link on the right (Log in or Register)

They will then prompt you with the serial code and ask you if you have a gw1 account.

You enter the email address you used for logging into gw1.

But remember to specify your new valid email address for gw2. (The original email login used for gw1 may not be a valid email address)