Taming pets as a Ranger

#1BassMithraPosted 8/13/2012 2:08:18 PM
I briefly searched google, and the forums, but found relatively no information on how to acquire news pets for the ranger class. I know you're able to pick between three starting pets, but besides that, how do you get new pets? What procedure do you have to follow to tame a new pet, and is it open to you at the start of the game? Thank you.
---
Xbox 360 GAMERTAG: Droski Blizzunt
Games playing: Diablo III, Gears of War 3, Skyrim, Halo Wars
#2darksoulpriestPosted 8/13/2012 2:09:49 PM
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pet

A juvenile animal, which will have a name in the form "Juvenile <pet species>", can be approached by the ranger which makes a context-sensitive skill available, on F, to charm it. Charming an animal unlocks that species so that it can be placed in one of four pet slots out of combat.
---
Dynamic Sig Says:
#3BassMithra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2012 2:15:12 PM
Thank you. It says the animal doesn't evolve though? So it will remain juvenile forever, or does it grow up? Can I eventually tame the adult variety of said pet?
---
#4raytrix1Posted 8/13/2012 2:15:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5raytrix1Posted 8/13/2012 2:16:34 PM
raytrix1 posted...
Basically; You see a green Juvinile pet, you click on it, press F, and TADAAAM, it's yours forever.

Don't forget, you can always have 2 pets with you, with 1 of them being active (you can swap them out)

To answer your other question; Pets level up with your ranger. You can "rename" them to whatever name you want.
#6BassMithra(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2012 2:18:40 PM
Awesome, thanks for the help guys.
---