Taming pets as a Ranger

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Taming pets as a Ranger
4 years ago#1
I briefly searched google, and the forums, but found relatively no information on how to acquire news pets for the ranger class. I know you're able to pick between three starting pets, but besides that, how do you get new pets? What procedure do you have to follow to tame a new pet, and is it open to you at the start of the game? Thank you.
Xbox 360 GAMERTAG: Droski Blizzunt
Games playing: Diablo III, Gears of War 3, Skyrim, Halo Wars
4 years ago#2
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pet

A juvenile animal, which will have a name in the form "Juvenile <pet species>", can be approached by the ranger which makes a context-sensitive skill available, on F, to charm it. Charming an animal unlocks that species so that it can be placed in one of four pet slots out of combat.
Dynamic Sig Says:
4 years ago#3
Thank you. It says the animal doesn't evolve though? So it will remain juvenile forever, or does it grow up? Can I eventually tame the adult variety of said pet?
(message deleted)
4 years ago#5
raytrix1 posted...
Basically; You see a green Juvinile pet, you click on it, press F, and TADAAAM, it's yours forever.

Don't forget, you can always have 2 pets with you, with 1 of them being active (you can swap them out)

To answer your other question; Pets level up with your ranger. You can "rename" them to whatever name you want.
4 years ago#6
Awesome, thanks for the help guys.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Taming pets as a Ranger

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived